Ready to go Insane!

Options
alliej
alliej Posts: 76 Member
I am starting Insanity on Monday May 2, 2011! Who else is ready to take this journey with me??????

Let's get Insane together!!

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am doing ChaLean Extreme but I love Insanity too!

Best of luck!
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just finished Month 1 and did my first day of Recovery Week today. Starting Month 2 next week. I love Insanity!! (and also hate a little) lol It is intense and addicting. Best of luck to you!!! I am sure you will love it too! (and hate!) lol
  • heatherw1977
    Options
    I'll be done with 60 day program in 6 days. This is the 2nd time I have done the Insanity program. I plan on re-starting it again for the 3rd time when I finish next week.:tongue:
  • alliej
    Options
    heather you should go to Aslyum if you have done Insanity twice!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Insanity was awesome!!!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 of week 2 today!
  • Rrivera08
    Options
    Just finished week 2 of Insanity! I hate it.. but I love it!! I just joined MyFitness Pal and would like to add insanity to my "exercise". Anyone know how many calories you burn in an Insanity workout?
  • chaoticjelly
    Options
    @RRivera - A TON!!! Calories burned will depend on your size and your fitness level though.

Loved Insanity, really made a difference in playing sports! (Soccer)
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you, but my final day of P90X is May 9th, and I still need to buy insanity! Good Luck!!!!!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday!!
  • LuluGirl140
    Options
    I completed Day 9 yesterday, and added Cardio Abs to my Pure Cardio workout. I ate almost 400 calories worth of snacks yesterday and was really upset at myself, so I pushed myself hard. I'm feeling really good today, but my scale says I've gained 4 lbs. Not so good. I hope it's muscle that I'm building and not anything else. It would be super disappointing if I was working so hard and gained weight!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm in for round 2. I think this will be a great way to get ready for my summer schedule.
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 of Insanity! I hate it.. but I love it!! I just joined MyFitness Pal and would like to add insanity to my "exercise". Anyone know how many calories you burn in an Insanity workout?

Yes, it definitely depends on your size and fitness levels. I bought a HRM so I would have a pretty accurate idea (love my Polar FT4!). As a point of reference, I am 5'5", 142 lbs. and I burn about 400-450 calories on the Month 1 workouts (about 540 on the Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs days). I am pushing pretty hard and take very few breaks. Hoping for some higher burns when I start Month 2 next week. Hope this helps. Best of luck and keep up the hard work!!
  • SuziScott
    SuziScott Posts: 57
    Options
    I just finished Month 1 and did my first day of Recovery Week today. Starting Month 2 next week. I love Insanity!! (and also hate a little) lol It is intense and addicting. Best of luck to you!!! I am sure you will love it too! (and hate!) lol

I am on the same day as you! Are you ready for month 2?!!!!
  • mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    I too am on my recovery week. I cannot wait to get Insane with month two. Are you following the diet that comes with the dvd's?
  • SuziScott
    Options
    I have been following the diet, eating 5 meals of about 300-400 calories/meal. It is working very well! I have lost 2 inches in my waist and my pants are all getting really baggy!
  • LuluGirl140
    Options
    I have been following the diet, eating 5 meals of about 300-400 calories/meal. It is working very well! I have lost 2 inches in my waist and my pants are all getting really baggy!

How long have you been following the diet? I. Wondering if I should do the same. Is it hard to find meals that meet those specifications?
  • SuziScott
    Options
    I started the diet right from day 1 of Insanity. It is actually really easy to build meals of 3-400 calories. You can check my food journal to see how I've been doing it. I have actually not been getting as many as I need, but I am not hungry so I guess it's good!
  • alliej
    Options
    My day 1 is tomorrow! Excited and scared at the same time :)

For those of you further along what type of results are you seeing?

Any tips????? :)
  • LuluGirl140
    Options
    Alliej - I lost 2 lbs this week, 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my thighs. I had a few not too good days but that made me work even harder during my workouts. I almost threw up and passed out a few times but was able to get through them. Now I'm dealing with shin splints so I hope it gets better. Good luck to you, you're going to love AND hate it!