Zumba added to database?

Options
Does anyone know if its possible to have an activity added?

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Google how much you burn with Zumba. Custom add it to your own MFP that way it will be in the list of your account each time you need to add it and it's exactly how much you burn for your weight and your height.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    There have been a ton of people asking for Zumba to be added. In the meantime, I would recommend adding it as your own exercise. That's what I have done, and I know many others have as well; especially if you're wearing an HRM.
  • lisac1422
    lisac1422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've tried to Google how much I burn, but I can't find a good website to use...any ideas??
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    get a HRM and log it for yourself, it's really the only way you're going to get an accurate calorie count. i burned 720 in one class and 900 in another. most of the exercises on here are an average and it really depends on you, how much you get your heart pumping. it's a great investment if you are serious about weightloss. i got mine for about $40 at walmart. good luck ;)
  • lisac1422
    lisac1422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i'll have to check out walmart! and that website too!
  • jjl080809
    jjl080809 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    get a HRM and log it for yourself, it's really the only way you're going to get an accurate calorie count. i burned 720 in one class and 900 in another. most of the exercises on here are an average and it really depends on you, how much you get your heart pumping. it's a great investment if you are serious about weightloss. i got mine for about $40 at walmart. good luck ;)

i really need to get one, could you let me know what kind you got exactly, there are a ton on their website.http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=4125&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=heart rate monitor&_tt=heart rate monit

Thanks so much, Kay )
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the one i got is just a basic 5-function one. it has the watch, stopwatch, HRM, and some other stuff i don't use, lol. if you actually go to the store they are right there with all the fitness stuff.
  • tremendacooke
    tremendacooke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've tried to Google how much I burn, but I can't find a good website to use...any ideas??
    How many Calories does Wii Zumba Burn?

Wii Zumba Fitness burns roughly 200-250 calories in 30 minutes. That’s 400-500 calories burned playing the wii dance game in an hour. That’s roughly 25% higher than most people burn spending an hour on an elliptical machine!
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my first Zumba class tonight and I was wondering the same (how to log your exercise) so THANK YOU for posting this! :) When my daughter gets up from her nap I may be making a trip to WalMart to get a HRM..