myth about type of workout

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    FYI, it's nice if you at least give a summary of the article you give a link for.
  • tobrocker
    tobrocker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I read that article today, too. I was surprised. BUT when I went to the gym tonight I did BodyPump and then ran/walked a mile. :) It is hard for me to do cardio AFTER a hard workout but I will try! :)
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Great article- I was doing it backwards! Great to know.
  • mektnf04
    mektnf04 Posts: 22
    Options
    Great to know...thanks for the link!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    TFS!!! Just shared that with my workout buddy who swears by cardio first. Glad to know I was right and she was wrong. :laugh:
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    This article is a bunch of bull. Doing a lot of cardio after training with weights will eat muscle. It is much better to do in the morning upon waking when glycogen is low than after doing weights for reasons I won't go into right now.

What bothers me the most about this article is that is says "Workout Myth Debunked" on the picture headline.

Why and how is it debunked? Because someone from your LA fitness center says so?

You list the source of this information as "Iman Nikzad, who runs the fitness program at my LA Fitness near Irvine, Ca." yet you don't list their qualifications, nor do you list any scientific research stating that cardio after weight training is beneficial and not counter productive.

There are a lot of critics out there that would challenge your sources assessment, yet you don't list them. Not to mention, being that it is someone at YOUR health club, that would seem just a tad bias, don't you think?

I think someone needs to learn how to write an objective non bias article.

Click the like button if you the reader think so too.

I like this comment above because it's correct.

I hardly bash on an article but I had to say something. The most basic of biology tells you this article is wrong.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Since absolutely no scientific research was cited in the article, it is at best an opinion piece. Whether it makes any difference which you do first is certainly not established by this article.
  • darrell38
    Options
    The fact is you should do both....the order matters little....if you can't do cardio after a weight work out...then do it before...as long as you do it both. The reason the order has always been disputed is because it varies based upon the person. Nike actually has it right...."Just Do It"!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've always heard do strength first so I always have. :happy: Good to know I'm right! haha
  • hinesjared87
    Options
    The fact is you should do both....the order matters little....if you can't do cardio after a weight work out...then do it before...as long as you do it both.

i appreciate your contribution, but you should be careful starting your post with "the fact is..." ;)
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    The fact is you should do both....the order matters little....if you can't do cardio after a weight work out...then do it before...as long as you do it both.

i appreciate your contribution, but you should be careful starting your post with "the fact is..." ;)

You mean just like the article takes opinions and totes them as facts? Lol just saying. Also, the FACT IS you should do both. I don't think anyone's arguing that.
  • hinesjared87
    Options
    you're right... when i read it my mind didn't insert the word fact anywhere. probably should have.