new to myfitness pal

HisBeloved65
HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I have been doing a test diary to see if I could even manage this and I am actually very excited to start keeping track. Have 65-70 lbs to lose. I am struggling with finding foods that will provide calories and even carbs. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jcott28
    jcott28 Posts: 16
    I actually posted some ideas in my blog:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jcott28
  • I am new to the site as well and have the same concerns. I am also a bit lax on will power, any idea where to drum that up? ; )
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    I am here to modivate and help we all are here for each other
  • Nlynn78
    Nlynn78 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone, I was seeing a personal trainer for a couple months, which was working really well for me. But I could only afford so many sessions... :( On our last session he told me about this site. I logged in, and set up an account. That was about as far as I had gotten...I am doing a little better the last few days about logging in and tracking my food. I joined the Midsummers Meltdown, and hope to find even more inspiration throughout the site. I look forward to meeting many of you, best of luck in all your goals. :)
    ~Nikki
  • jcott28
    jcott28 Posts: 16
    The key I think to this site is to make sure you use it all the time. Install the mobile app on the phone and place the link in your browsers toolbar button. After a couple weeks, it gets easier as it remembers your recently eaten food... and quite frankly, you will tend to repeat eat a lot of things.

And be honest to the diary. If you cheat, so be it. Just mark it down. When I needed a sugary snack, I often ate jelly beans. I counted them out before eating, then ate. Same with chips. Count them out; don't leave the bag open.

This is one of those places that WILL work as long as you are true to it. You'll soon discover by keeping your diary exactly what is causing problems.
  • Hey Armymom~ I'm an Army mama too :-)
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Really cool
This discussion has been closed.