midnight snacks?!?!

Options
i chew gum late at night and drink water.

what's your way to beat late night hunger?

Replies

• killer_cupcake
    killer_cupcake Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    well if i realy need to i eat a jello cup only 70 calories. . . but if im feeling strong ill fill a cup of ice and start choming down lol
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ice chips, thin sliced turkey, or an egg white or two with sriratcha.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    glad to see this one. A phone call woke me up and yep i am a bit hungry....going to try water first
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Now, who in the world waits 'til midnight? Not me (lol). That's how I ended up doing this program. Yes, I'm a compulsive eater and I'm here to stop that 55 year long struggle for the rest of my life. I'm very determined that no "chest cutter" (heart surgeon) will ever lay his hand near my chest to cut it open to repair blocked coronary arteries....never, never, ever!!!

Try this: About 2 hours after dinner, PLAN to have a Greek Yogurt but make certain it's before 730 pm so you're not sleeping on a ton of calories. Greek yogurt has twice the amount of PROTEIN and that's what prevents those hunger pains you might have been having. Make certain it's the NON-fat yogurt. Some brands have less sugar (simple carbs) than others so make certain you really check the labels carefully.

Try it~~~it helps a lot.

Claire :)
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also like the turkey slices,10 calorie jello (strawberry-kiwi), baby carrot sticks, and veggie straws. If I have to stay up most of the night (like tonight since I have waited til the last minute to complete my term paper) I keep pre-measured baggies of mixed nuts or trail mix.
  • kaestes1
    kaestes1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Lately, I've been enjoying a half cup of raspberries/blackberries mixed with a couple tablespoons of yogurt, a dab of honey, and some cinnamon! It is a quick snack, and so yummy! Only about 70 calories.
  • adrianzta
    Options
    Frozen grapes! I believe they just have 1 or 2 calories per grape.
    Salsa (5 calories per 2 tbspns and cellery)
    Cantelope (Cut cantelope, use juice from one lime, cayenne pepper and salt and Mix). It will satisfy the sweet and the salty
    Plain old popcorn with a bit of herbs from the garden thrown on, with some lavendar extra added to the oil you cook it in
    I'm a big fan of 2 tbspns greek yogurt, mixed with 2 tbspns granola. Use a smaller spoon to eat so it feels like more:)
    Hot tea... you have to drink hot things slower and they make you feel fuller.

Good luck!
  • Nuttycollector
    Options
    We have been using "sugar free" jello with "Redi Whip" on it for a late nite snack. It curves the urge for something sweet, and is very tasty too!
  • Nuttycollector
    Options
    We use "hot tea" as well... takes the urges away..:wink:
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popsicles. 15 calories each. I also go to bed as early as possible (this also helps me get up at 5:30am to work out).
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Frozen grapes! I believe they just have 1 or 2 calories per grape.
    Salsa (5 calories per 2 tbspns and cellery)
    Cantelope (Cut cantelope, use juice from one lime, cayenne pepper and salt and Mix). It will satisfy the sweet and the salty
    Plain old popcorn with a bit of herbs from the garden thrown on, with some lavendar extra added to the oil you cook it in
    I'm a big fan of 2 tbspns greek yogurt, mixed with 2 tbspns granola. Use a smaller spoon to eat so it feels like more:)
    Hot tea... you have to drink hot things slower and they make you feel fuller.

Good luck!

Great ideas!! Thanks!