Fitness Videos....

Options
Since I don't have enough money to join a gym and there is over a foot of snow where I am (gotta love lake effect snow!), it is hard to get my workouts in. So I was looking into buying some work out DVD's until the weather gets better outside. Which would you recommend? I have heard rave reviews about The Biggest Loser DVD, but are there any others that you would recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• Beth082485
    Options
    Since I don't have enough money to join a gym and there is over a foot of snow where I am (gotta love lake effect snow!), it is hard to get my workouts in. So I was looking into buying some work out DVD's until the weather gets better outside. Which would you recommend? I have heard rave reviews about The Biggest Loser DVD, but are there any others that you would recommend? Thanks!
  • EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just love Tae Bo!!! I know a lot of the other members enjoy it as well. There are so many different videos with different levels. Start with the basic so you can learn it and get your body used to it.
    Good luck!!! :happy:
  • bluestime
    Options
    I started walking in the freezing winter an dlost a lot of weight (about 25) two years ago. It's peaceful out there in God's country. Just another option and it's free!

Plus, once you get out there it's not like you can stop the work out--at that point you're just trying to make it home. Dress warm!
  • paps68
    paps68 Posts: 1
    Options
    Jillian Michaels its called " The ultimate workout" it has cardio kickboxing also has two dvd's for beginners.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I don't know what kind of exercise your use to...but, I bought "Walk away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone. I do the 3mile super fat burner. When I first tried it I thought, "OK how lame is this? I'm sure I can't work up a sweat to this!" Well, I did, and I still do! I love this one. I don't get confused by the movements (and it isn't just walking), it keeps my heart rate up, and you end up walking about 4 mph. I do it everyday but every other day I use the "Ab belt" It really ads to the work out. I didn't buy the "ab belt" I just use a resistance band tied at my waist. In 2 weeks of doing my workout like this I have lost 6 lbs. Hope you find something that works for you. Lets us know.
    Jill
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greeting Beth!

I like to encourage women to give bellydance a try...it is the most enjoyable, feminine art form, it's great for the body, mind and spirit...it is for women of all shapes and sizes...you get sore after a workout like you had weight trained...you get the toning and the cardio all wrapped into one...there are several good bellydance workout and instructional DVDs out there...I find the best prices at Amazon.com and Buy.com.

I still have some weight to loose but am getting better...I am well toned under the fat layer...really need to work on sticking to the lean eating to make better progress...I still live it up too much on treats on the weekends with my boyfriend and his daughter...I've re-incorporated weight training to my dance practice sessions and that has speeded up the toning process.

Let me know if you're interested...Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    snow = snowshoes= about 700 calories an hour:bigsmile: videos when it is too cold:bigsmile:
  • MECHE
    MECHE Posts: 25
    Options
    BILLY BLANK- TAE BO
    TURBO JAM

BOTH ARE AWESOME!
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    dance off the inches. i have salsa dance it is alot of fun
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I alternate between the Biggest Loser Volume One and Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn. I have seen great results with both-even when the scale doesn't show it. I like to mix it up so my body doesn't get used to the same routine. Two weeks of the Hip Hop Abs & I went down a pants size even though I didn't lose any weight.
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I have several of the Crunch Fitness workouts. My favorites are Boot Camp and Cardio Dance Blast. I also have their Tae-Bo workout, Fat Blaster Latin and Cardio Salsa. They are fun to do and they really get me sweating!! Once I got all the dances down for the Latin & Salsa workouts it didn't even seem like I was working out anymore...it was just really fun and the time just flies by!

I also have many many Denise Austin videos that I bought probably 5 years ago. I don't do them as often, but I really like her hit-the-spot series. They target different muscle groups in each video. there are ones for Abs, Buns, Thighs and Arms & Bust. She also has tons of cardio workouts and even some circuit training mixing aerobics and weight training!
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    snow = snowshoes= about 700 calories an hour:bigsmile: videos when it is too cold:bigsmile:

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I get bored easily and likea lot of variety. There's a series of DVD's called "The Method" that combines dance, yoga and pilates. The instructors are really good and the movements are very "dancy". I think they're a lot of fun and have used them for years. They've been around for a while so if you go on ebay or amazon you can get them really cheap. Most of the older ones are under $10.
  • Beth082485
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! Alot of these I can't find at the store ( I looked around a few of them the other night)... I guess I'll have to shop online! Thank you again everyone for your help!