Tuesday's Mini Challenge!

Options
Tuesday = 400 stairs or approx. 20 flights. If you take multiple steps at a time or run them you will burn more calories. Feel free to do throughout the day. If you are unsure you can do that many (as am I!), just aim to do as many as you can and report back how many you did :)

The average person just walking up stairs will burn 10-35 cals. a minute! Nuts! If you did Monday's mini challenge (Squats) then make sure to stretch out beforehand :)

C'mon! There are stairs EVERYWHERE! You got this! How many can you do? Who's with me?

Replies

• hopedunn
    hopedunn Posts: 3
    Options
    Hahaha, I'm with you!!

Never really thought about it but that's a great way to burn some calories during the day while at work! I don't know if ill make 20 flights but now that you mention it I sure will try!
  • tekroncke
    tekroncke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I warm up on thee stair master. In 15 minutes you can 17 flights on level 10!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! (weather permitting) I've got a great park nearby with a set of 280 steps I take 2 at a time or a flight of 96 verrry steep stairs I take 2 at a time or running.
    I have to admit I am developing an addiction to running stairs.
    When I do it regularly (2x week) I see quick results in my quad muscle definition.
    When I don't do it, I miss feeling like a badass:)

My goal for end of summer is to run 10 sets of the 96 steep stairs on the regular.
    So far I've maxed at 5.

Thanks for the great idea!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest I took a trip that was a bit of a turning point in me realizing just how not only overweight I was but how truly low my fitness level was. It started with struggling to get the seatbelt secured on the plane. I got it on but not before a stewardess inquired if I needed an extender. I. Was. Mortified. Later, I was afraid I wouldn't fit on a ride at the amusement park so I didn't even bother and finally, we went to a historical site and had to climb down what seemed like a million stairs. 3/4 of the way back up- my legs quite literally would not go another step. I had to sit down and rest!
  • Emmetkelly
    Emmetkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    Just thought of the one (literally) place where there are stairs around - I'm in! :-)
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Skipping a step is tough my legs start to burn love it thou
  • HartJames
    Options
    Awesome! Enthusiasm is motivation in action!
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm thankful every single day that I own a two story house! :happy:
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm in again......I like to challenge myself.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • fukuyama
    fukuyama Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey there,
    I'm in. Thanks for this, I really appreciate it !
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    Aaaannd DONE! :-D 540 stairs to be exact! Woohoo! Love these mini challenges - keep 'em coming!
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm done; 450+ I live in a two story house so that helps some. I'm sure I will be well over 500 before the day is done.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    DONE! Did the whole thing taking 2 at a time; last 30 I added a glute-squeeze/leg lift at each.
    And finished just before the rain kicked in big time. Sweet challenge! Thanks for the motivation!
  • HartJames
    Options
    Awesome! I ended up doing 530 :) Wednesday is a crunch challenge- keep your eyes peeled in the forums!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday - Done!!