master cleanse

Options
so i am thinking of doing the master cleanse to give me a jumpstart for spring-colon cleaning.. any thoughts, tips, pointers, etc will be much appreciated

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice or tips, but am interested as well to know!
  • purplebikini
    purplebikini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Dual Action Cleanse with anti-bloat...anti- gas enzymes...so far...so good...just started yesterday morning. I think it is a good idea to do it to prepare to make the change to eating clean.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    my sweetheart swears by it and does it two times a year, at both the beginning and end of the cold seasons. he drops a fair amount of lbs, and claims to feel wonderful during the whole process. if you type in the recipe for a days worth, it comes to be about 1000 calories a day, which isnt that far from the 1200 mfp suggests.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Increasing your fiber and water intake will do your colon much more good than maple syrup and lemon juice will. I personally wouldn't bother.
  • babygurl02
    Options
    Hey , I am new to the site, and have seen a lot of people talking about the Dual Colon Cleanse, can anyone please explain what this is about? I am interested in it! Help pls
  • jaykaydee
    jaykaydee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few months ago and only lasted 5 days... it was torture! The salt water cleanse is the worst part so if you can find a way to cope with that it will be downhill from there. The caffeine-free herbal teas were my saving grace so stock up! Good luck
  • kathylu48
    Options
    I'm not a believer of the "colon cleanse". I really believe eating properly and drinking water our body takes care of business. Just thoughts from the old white haired lady.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    In the past I've taken the Dr. Natura clense (3 times). Each time I convinced myself that it worked and maybe I did lose a couple of pounds. Now I'm no expert but I think that if you've lived a life of bad habits, the stuff is going to get rid of excess waste in the body that's been sitting around for years because you're nutrition has been a hot mess.

If you're young, exercising (even walking frequently), drinking water and taking notice to what you're putting in your body, you're taking care of business naturally and money spent on a clense is money wasted.

No matter what the topic, there's a internet hype following it.
  • Gmnidrm
    Gmnidrm Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there fitness pal peeps,

I too want and plan to do the Master Cleanse. I met a fellow flight attendent co-worker who does it about 3 times a year and does the cleanse for 21 days each time.....She said she's done it for years and swears by it. I can't imagine not eating for 21 days but want to try the standard 10 days. I plan to start the 1st part of May (as I will be on vac). That way I can be home....should there be any accidents.......LOL. I am wanting to do this for 3 reasons. Too feel better, Detox and weight loss and to test my will power.

I've done some research and the Master Cleanse has been around since the 1940's so I wouldn't call it a "fad". I need to do more research on it though for my own self knowlege.

I think it's great to try things that may be new to others and we have the technology like MYFITNESSPAL to share it and have the courage to do it.

We are here to encourage each other not discourage...:happy:
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad someone posted about this, I've been thinking of doing the same! I have a friend who highly suggested the lemonade clense...
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I know a few people that have done this. and I plan on starting it on Monday for the first time. Here's a the biggest tip I was given "buy baby wipes". I was gonna start it this week but remembered I'll be at Bamboozle Fest in NJ Friday - Sunday and figure it wouldn't be the best time to start something like this lol
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beccastsfire - how did you get that photo of the lady in the different weights showing in your signature line? It is really cool.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Beccastsfire - how did you get that photo of the lady in the different weights showing in your signature line? It is really cool.

I made it in photoshop using the figures from mvm.com
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh okay.... WOW.... I can't get the "hang" of photoshop, lol.
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would say don't do it. I used Advocare Herbal Cleanse every 90 days. It is uneventful and you still eat! It helps detox the kidneys, liver, and colon. It is formulated by the top dr. in the nurtition field!
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    I tried doing the Master Cleanse for a few days earlier this year, and had to stop because the salt water flush was too much for me. I did not feel hungry, but am not a person with a large appetite to start with. I've read where some people do it by drinking the laxative tea in the morning and evening instead of doing the salt water flush in the morning -- if I can do it that way, I might try it again.

BTW, I am interested more in the cleanse than any weight loss, as most of the weight usually comes back when you start eating normally again after you do something like that. I would also like to do it as a way of getting off sugar and other junk food cravings.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    it comes to be about 1000 calories a day, which isnt that far from the 1200 mfp suggests.

How is that possible considering the only caloric item is maple syrup so that's about 600 cals or less depending on the type (I'm assuming high-calories, 100 per tbsp)???
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    Your total calories depend on how many glasses of the mixture you drink a day. I did feel better after doing it for only a few days, and I wasn't even doing the Master Cleamse absolutely pure -- I ate a few bananas because I was concerned that I might not have enough energy for my exercise classes, and I also took multi vitamins

This website has info on how to do it: http://themastercleanse.org/

I would be interested in hearing other people's experiences..
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/master-cleanse-diet-master-scam/

For the most part your body has all the organs you need to keep your system clean and toxin free. If there is something in your system that your body can't naturally handle, lemonade isn't going to clean it out.

What the master cleanse will do is mess with the flora in your intestine, and can actually kill off a lot of the beneficial bacteria that help keep your intestine healthy. Kind of counter productive if you are worried about colon health.

High fiber, whole foods, and lots of water.
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/master-cleanse-diet-master-scam/

For the most part your body has all the organs you need to keep your system clean and toxic free. If there is something in your system that your body can't naturally handle, lemonade isn't going to clean it out.

What the master cleanse will do is mess with the flora in your intestine, and can actually kill off a lot of the beneficial bacteria that help keep your intestine healthy. Kind of counter productive if you are worried about colon health.

High fiber, whole foods, and lots of water.

YUP!