Snacks for pre exercise?

Options
Im a swimmer and i have constant problem finding snacks that will fill me up before training, I usually revert to muesli bars which can be too high on calories and sugar so just wondering if anyone has any healthier but still fulling alternatives?? =)

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Fruit
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Im a swimmer and i have constant problem finding snacks that will fill me up before training, I usually revert to muesli bars which can be too high on calories and sugar so just wondering if anyone has any healthier but still fulling alternatives?? =)

What time do you work out? That makes a difference for me. If it's 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How long before your exercise do you want to eat? If you want to eat an hour or so before, something with protein is best. If it's within 30 minutes carbs are better.
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Maybe something with peanut butter like a sandwich or some crackers with it on it. It has protein and is filling.
  • Nvoong
    Nvoong Posts: 3
    Options
    A banana always fill me up. I don't really like them, but I eat them because they fill me up and I don't get hungry for a while. They're also only about 90 calories for a medium sized banana. I always hardboil eggs and only eat the egg whites, that's pretty filling and super low in calories. Two egg whites is 40 calories or something. Hope that helps.
  • grulz
    grulz Posts: 15
    Options
    What time do you work out? That makes a difference for me. If it's 5:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
    [/quote]

hey i work out at 4 so i try eat about half an hour before training so im not hungry at the start.

Also the idea of egg whites sounds really good thanks!!