Help Me get MOTIVATED~~!

Options
I have lost 19 pounds so far. I did it VERY slowly but I finally am starting to see the results and feel better. For some reason these past two weeks have been really hard for me to get myself up and moving. I am still eating well and sticking to my calories for the most part, but I just cant get myself to workout. I am trying to tell myself possitive things to get me going, what are some ways you get motivated???? How can I make sure I stick with my workout plan???

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Plug in your excercise before you do it, and then you might feel more motivated once you see how many calories it burns and how many more calories you can eat because of your workout! :)
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to get motivated! Look at what your friends are doing - and surround yourself with active friends :)

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, and what you do today will ensure how many and what quality the "todays" of tomorrow are :)

Join us on our walking challenge - either 5000, 10,000 or 15,000 steps per day depending on how fit you are!

Training as a group, on MFP, makes it a bit competitive which is a good thing, fun and we can all pull you along :)
  • surfermico
    Options
    I've lost some weight before finding this site (25 lbs) and I know what you mean by slow... But hang in there! It REALLY helps me going for a walk and having the right music on my ipod. if I'm in no mood for exercise, the music pumps me right up. The important thing is leaving your house and getting to the track. Once you're there, trust me, you wont want to waste the trip!

Lately, I've been feeling just like you have and I agree with the previous comment. You have to surround yourself with friends that will help you get motivated. I have a friend that pushes me all around the track and thanks to him, now I'm jogging!! Who thought I could jog?!?!

Also, try to vary your exercises. I know the regular person doesn't have much time in their daily routine for this, but changes are good! Instead of going to the track this weekend, or walking your dog, or whatever it is you normally do... go ride a bike with friends, or go to solid rock for a change, go swimming to a pool or beach. Just get active and get out there! It gives you something to look for by the end of the week. A little reward for all the workouts you put yourself through the past week.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    keep on talking to your MFP pals...we will keep ya motivated! You are strong and you CAN and WILL do this!! Just gotta remember how good you feel afterwards! Don't forget to treat yourself each and every day like I had mentioned earlier...tell yourself..I will get that bubble bath after I workout! keep on taking current pics and measurements so you can SEE the results of all of your hard work!