SHARING MY STORY...for anyone who needs it!

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
So I thought that this would be an awesome place to share my story and hopefully inspire someone who may need it today!

I was an athlete all my life, and have never been a skinny girl because I was normally one of the tallest, if not the tallest girl in my class and now I'm 5'10 and naturally have a solid frame. I was an all CIF- volleyball and softball player through high school and then I hit college. I hit college and decided not to play sports, and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I got to college, missed my friends and family and turned to food and a sedentary lifestyle. There were times that I can remember ordering a medium pizza and would eat almost the whole thing. I worked full-time and was a full-time student with no physical activity in my life. From the time I graduated high school to when I found out I was pregnant (5 year span) I had gained 90lbs. I don't even remember hitting 200lbs.

I tried Weight Watchers and quit, tried TurboJam when it first came out and quit, took diet pills and quit...I lost myself. I became pregnant with my son...I was so scared to gain anymore weight. My OG/GYN flat out told me that I couldn't afford to gain anymore than 15lbs. I gained 16, and after having my son I weighed in at 266lbs in September of 2008. I went to the doctor for a physical in November of 2009 and my doctor told me that if I didn't do something, I would die. My little brother had told my mom when he saw me gaining weight, "I don't want mu sister to die.". The fact that, at the time, a 12 year old could have the concept that I was so slowly killing myself was flabbergasting to me. So I knew I had to do something and fast! I knew that I was disgusted with who I had become, buying new sizes every few months, not confident enough to go out with friends that were thinner than me. It was enough!

I started on a 1200 calorie diet and walking two miles a day. I lost 17lbs the first month. I moved to Atlanta, GA in January of 2010 and started to take my life back in May. Started working out everyday and watching what I ate. Joined MFP in June of that year and just knew that if I stayed focused, I could do it. This time I used moving away from my friends and family as a time to focus on ME. My health and life was too important to let slip away. I had a son that I wanted to play with and to live for! Now less than a year from when I really decided to be stricter, I am 60lbs down! And have never been happier of what I have accomplished. I created a blog to chronicle my journey, started a challenge group on MFP, looking to write a motivational fitness book, became a BeachBody Coach and going for TurboKick and Zumba instructor training! I would have never thought that today I would be helping keep others motivated and accountable for their own health and fitness. I didn't have anyone to push me, to motivate me...I had to push myself!

Through this journey I have learned that it is doable, it is possible and we are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I still have 40 or so lbs to go, but I want to let everyone know that we can do it! Don't give up on yourself. Did I have days, weeks, and longer where I just messes up...yes! But I remembered what my goal was and there are temptations out there and we will cave sometimes...but never forget how amazing you are! Your body is a temple! Don't let your head get in the way of your dreams, your goals, and your destiny!

I am an open book if anyone needs any kind of motivation, advice etc. Let's do this! Let's take our lives back...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

-Krystle

MarchSide-1.jpg

Replies

• krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    So I thought that this would be an awesome place to share my story and hopefully inspire someone who may need it today!

I was an athlete all my life, and have never been a skinny girl because I was normally one of the tallest, if not the tallest girl in my class and now I'm 5'10 and naturally have a solid frame. I was an all CIF- volleyball and softball player through high school and then I hit college. I hit college and decided not to play sports, and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I got to college, missed my friends and family and turned to food and a sedentary lifestyle. There were times that I can remember ordering a medium pizza and would eat almost the whole thing. I worked full-time and was a full-time student with no physical activity in my life. From the time I graduated high school to when I found out I was pregnant (5 year span) I had gained 90lbs. I don't even remember hitting 200lbs.

I tried Weight Watchers and quit, tried TurboJam when it first came out and quit, took diet pills and quit...I lost myself. I became pregnant with my son...I was so scared to gain anymore weight. My OG/GYN flat out told me that I couldn't afford to gain anymore than 15lbs. I gained 16, and after having my son I weighed in at 266lbs in September of 2008. I went to the doctor for a physical in November of 2009 and my doctor told me that if I didn't do something, I would die. My little brother had told my mom when he saw me gaining weight, "I don't want mu sister to die.". The fact that, at the time, a 12 year old could have the concept that I was so slowly killing myself was flabbergasting to me. So I knew I had to do something and fast! I knew that I was disgusted with who I had become, buying new sizes every few months, not confident enough to go out with friends that were thinner than me. It was enough!

I started on a 1200 calorie diet and walking two miles a day. I lost 17lbs the first month. I moved to Atlanta, GA in January of 2010 and started to take my life back in May. Started working out everyday and watching what I ate. Joined MFP in June of that year and just knew that if I stayed focused, I could do it. This time I used moving away from my friends and family as a time to focus on ME. My health and life was too important to let slip away. I had a son that I wanted to play with and to live for! Now less than a year from when I really decided to be stricter, I am 60lbs down! And have never been happier of what I have accomplished. I created a blog to chronicle my journey, started a challenge group on MFP, looking to write a motivational fitness book, became a BeachBody Coach and going for TurboKick and Zumba instructor training! I would have never thought that today I would be helping keep others motivated and accountable for their own health and fitness. I didn't have anyone to push me, to motivate me...I had to push myself!

Through this journey I have learned that it is doable, it is possible and we are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I still have 40 or so lbs to go, but I want to let everyone know that we can do it! Don't give up on yourself. Did I have days, weeks, and longer where I just messes up...yes! But I remembered what my goal was and there are temptations out there and we will cave sometimes...but never forget how amazing you are! Your body is a temple! Don't let your head get in the way of your dreams, your goals, and your destiny!

I am an open book if anyone needs any kind of motivation, advice etc. Let's do this! Let's take our lives back...ONE DAY AT A TIME!

-Krystle

MarchSide-1.jpg

Your amazing and a great inspiration.. Thanks for sharing your story, I cant wait to share mine..
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Your story is amazing and i thank you for sharing it. I can't wait til i am able to lose that amount of weigth. i do have days where i doubt myself and i and i may go and have a double cheeseburger (lol) but the next day i know what i have to do and just remind myself it is only one day at a time and each day im getting closer to my goal.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Thanks for sharing! This was right on time today!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    No problem ladies!
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Your story parallels mine in so many ways! I'm so glad you're my fitness pal! Thank you for sharing!
  • Your amazing! God Bless you for being such an inspiration. Thank you soooo much for sharing
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    awesome! Great Story and congrats on going for TurboKick and Zumba instructorship! I would love to do that when I am as close to my goal weight as you are! I love Turbo Jam, it is so much fun! They used to have Turbo Kick at they Y by me but they don't have it anymore. Maybe someday I can teach it! You are such an inspiration!
  • gypsy0911
    gypsy0911 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!! It gives me hope on my rollacoaster, Im in right now. But I am very proud of you, I know you can lose those last lbs!!!!!!!
  • Krystal your story was so touching we both are down 60pds and I only have 46 left to lose. I really enjoyed your post and I know you will get to your goal. So may God bless you and keep you sharing your journey with others. Be blessed, Oh you look amazing. I will post my before and after photos once I get to my goal.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,161 Member
    Thanks for sharing! You're so inspirational. I'm 5'10" as well. Sure it comes on slowly...no one notices you're getting bigger and then BAM...you're almost 300lbs and wondering where all this weight came from! I understand what you're going through and applaud your spirit for changing your life. We have to all remember that we are successes IF we do the right habits daily. Good job! I look forward to seeing more posts from you! I enjoy being your MFP friend. :happy:
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Wow what an amazing story. Its funny how most of us have that same story (well, very close to it). Thanks so much for sharing it. You are truly an inspiration. You are so full of energy. That may bother some people, but you have to keep doing what you do best girl :-). Don't let anyone call you pushy or whatever they said. Its good that you can be reflective and change the way you communicate to people, but don't get to lost and caught up in pleasing everyone.

Keep up the great job you are doing. You look amazing and you can tell that you have completely changed your life for the better. :-) Keep on inspiring others, it may be what He had planned for you.

Venita B.
This discussion has been closed.