a penny per calorie

Options
I think food items should be charged a penny per calorie, that way low calorie foods would be cheap and easier to afford, and we would think twice about high calorie, high price food :)

Replies

• mtmom4
    mtmom4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful idea! :-)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i always think of calories as money too!, but i think of it as a spending budget. like Oh Jeez, 500 cals for this... that's too expensive, but oooh hey, this 290 cal entree is affordable along with this 150 cals side salad, hehe :flowerforyou:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think food items should be charged a penny per calorie, that way low calorie foods would be cheap and easier to afford, and we would think twice about high calorie, high price food :)

I declare you Queen of Everything and grant you the authority to carry out the idea :bigsmile:
  • annarface
    annarface Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i always think of calories as money too!, but i think of it as a spending budget. like Oh Jeez, 500 cals for this... that's too expensive, but oooh hey, this 290 cal entree is affordable along with this 150 cals side salad, hehe :flowerforyou:

I DO THIS!
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    I think if we had calories cards it would be amazing. You can have your BMR of calories per day and once they're used you can't buy anymore. If you need to lose weight you go to your Dr and they lower the limit on your calorie intake. Plus you gain extra credit from exercising.
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it was called rationing and it was on during the war! :-(

It would make it easier, but after all we all need to learn self discipline, and self love...? After that all other aspect of our lives are improved.
    And I am the first one to stick my hand up for needing better control around food choices! Glad I have found MFP, it helps alot to have a clear idea where I am with my nutrition and make better choices all round.
    Although I have to admit some days it would be great to be told what to eat and not doing the thinking! :-)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to say have a jar for money...........a penny a calorie. Man that would stop me from 3000 calorie quick if I knew I had to put 3 bux in that jar!

But I will take me calorie credit card now please. I can see us at the gym, sliding our cards in the elliptical to get our 500 calorie debit:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I think it was called rationing and it was on during the war! :-(

It would make it easier, but after all we all need to learn self discipline, and self love...? After that all other aspect of our lives are improved.
    And I am the first one to stick my hand up for needing better control around food choices! Glad I have found MFP, it helps alot to have a clear idea where I am with my nutrition and make better choices all round.
    Although I have to admit some days it would be great to be told what to eat and not doing the thinking! :-)

I also think that was flour, sugar, butter and lard, right? I think I remember my mom saying that.............oh and milk!
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    I thought you were going to say have a jar for money...........a penny a calorie. Man that would stop me from 3000 calorie quick if I knew I had to put 3 bux in that jar!

But I will take me calorie credit card now please. I can see us at the gym, sliding our cards in the elliptical to get our 500 calorie debit:laugh:

And for those of us who aren't gym bunnies, heart rate monitors that have slots to swipe your card through to top up your calories.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

And for those of us who aren't gym bunnies, heart rate monitors that have slots to swipe your card through to top up your calories.

ooo ooo thanks, I was trying to figure out how I would get my credits for beach walking and wogging thru the hood!:happy:
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    How would it work if you were buying for a family though? Would all meals have to be pre-rationed?
  • kezereth
    kezereth Posts: 41
    Options
    That would be much better! We have all been saying for years, that if the government want people to eat healthier food they should make it cheaper!

Thankfully i am very frugal when it comes to healthy eating. I get alot of my fresh fruit and vegetables from discount stores and markets... but i would certainly think twice about eating a chocolate bar if it was £3.50 or something!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I declare you Queen of Everything and grant you the authority to carry out the idea :bigsmile:
    Thank you you just put a smile on my face I was in a ho-hum mod with no motivation, still not sure how I finished my work out, but now smiling. I needed a good laugh with an ego boost atached :)