please help me!

Options
Last year my boyfriend and broke up, I ate nothing. I was devestated. I ate one piece of toast each day, if that. Someties nothing. I lost a stone and a half and ended up weighing 11stone, I am nearly 6ft so this is a good weight for me.
Then a few month later we got back together and I am so happy now, but when I am happy I eat!!!! I have gone up to 12st again, not quite as heavy as I was but I still feel horrid.
So idecided to change, i started eating seeded toast for breakfast, homemade soup for lunch and a healthy dinner (I am vegetarian which helps) I also do 20min on my stepper machine 3 times a week, 10mins with weights 3 times a week and 30 sit ups each day.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks now. I have reduced the junk food I eat massively, imited my calorie intake and my portion size...but NOTHING!!!!!!
I feel so disheartened, I am so good with my habits compared to how I used to be but it has made no difference.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong????

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough? Are you doing the same workout daily? Our bodies tend to pick a set point and then stay there when we don't mix it up.

Good luck, don't give up!:smile:
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Dont give up, it takes a while for your body to cotton on to whats happening. You are doing great. Stick with it, it will happen. Even if the scales dont move; you should feel a difference in your clothes. Use some weights it will make a great difference. If you dont have any use two bottles of water.

Its great that your back together :love:
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    be patient, my dear. Your body has just gone through a rebound which was gaining all that weight. your body will get used to it new pattern eventually and you will start seeing reults. as for me i have been gaining weight bc i have been cardio and strength training and i have been retaining water. i wanted to throw a show at my scale bc i was so upset that i gained weight. it wasnt until i realized it was NORMAL and just keep at it. So Keep at it, you'll get there again, use your happiness as a motivation to look hottttt for your man!
  • ddibble
    ddibble Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you need to eat lots more protein! You also need to add some weight-resistance training. Both will increase your metabolism and this will help you drop the pounds. Eat eggs for breakfast. Try to eat some protein with every meal. Even some healthy fats with the protein will help keep yoy satisfied for a longer time. Severely limit all refined carbs and sugar. You'll feel terrific in just a few days and your weight should relly go down! Good luck!!
  • d2eko
    d2eko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did weightwatchers for years, and I think my body got so used to that I stopped losing.

Now I am doing MFP. I walk everyday and stick to my calorie intake, eating 1230 calories per day.

For weeks nothing happened, then I lost 1lb and again this week I lost 1lb.

You will get there. Dont be disheartened, at least youre not putting on. xx