I feel stuck....

Options
I have been watching my eating habits and have definitley made a transition from junk to healthy eating, and I love it. I feel like my mood has been much positve in all aspects.:bigsmile: I have also included some light excerising. I really feel like I need something to just give me a jump start. (Thats why I was asking about Hydroxycut Hardcore) Are there any supplements you can recommend to jump start weight loss? or anything? :indifferent:

Replies

• Bunniisita
    Options
    I have been watching my eating habits and have definitley made a transition from junk to healthy eating, and I love it. I feel like my mood has been much positve in all aspects.:bigsmile: I have also included some light excerising. I really feel like I need something to just give me a jump start. (Thats why I was asking about Hydroxycut Hardcore) Are there any supplements you can recommend to jump start weight loss? or anything? :indifferent:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You don't need anything to jump start your weight loss. Just follow this program by eating your allowed calories plus your exercise calories and add water into the equation and you'll do fine. Sorry there is no quick fix.
    Welcome to the site:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Bunniisita
    Options
    You don't need anything to jump start your weight loss. Just follow this program by eating your allowed calories plus your exercise calories and add water into the equation and you'll do fine. Sorry there is no quick fix.
    Welcome to the site:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the reply. But Im not exactly looking for a quick fix. Maybe something to get my metabolism going...
  • age1389
    Options
    Oh... the only thing I've heard of to get your metabolism going is exercise like strength training. You can also zig zag your calories to keep your metabolism guessing. Like if this site gives you 1200 to eat eat that one day then 1400 the next day then 1600 the next and then back down to 1200. I think there is site on the internet and a topic or two about this on this site if you look around you might be able to find it.

• kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh... the only thing I've heard of to get your metabolism going is exercise like strength training. You can also zig zag your calories to keep your metabolism guessing. Like if this site gives you 1200 to eat eat that one day then 1400 the next day then 1600 the next and then back down to 1200. I think there is site on the internet and a topic or two about this on this site if you look around you might be able to find it.

I think this is called "calorie cycling" if that helps you in your search.
  • age1389
    Options

Thanks couldn't think of the official name to it.

• Bunniisita
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • mishzeidan
    mishzeidan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Quick fix?everybodies body is different. what works for them might not work for you. you can do a lot of things to get your metabolism going. If you feel like taking hydroxycut do it! Keep up the good work!!!

-Michelle:heart:
  • Bunniisita
    Options
    Quick fix?everybodies body is different. what works for them might not work for you. you can do a lot of things to get your metabolism going. If you feel like taking hydroxycut do it! Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback!! :happy:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Bunni, if you keep doing exactly what you're doing, your metabolism will change of it's own accord! that's the beauty of losing weight naturally by drinking water, watching portions and exercising - your metabolism will jumpstart itself. No other stuff is necessary, to be honest.

There are 'studies' that show this that or the other thing when it comes to supplements, but scientific stats can be swayed and spun out to mean whatever the seller wants it to mean, and nothing beats 'all natural'.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Save your money. I don't know anyone that has actually sustained weight loss after using any of those quick fix supplements.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Stimulants like Hydroxycut are nothing more than large doses of caffeine. You could drink 6 cups of coffee or diet soda to get the same effect. It temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, which burns a tiny bit more calories, but at the price of extra strain on your cardiovascular system.

Metabolism is regulated by many mechanisms, including the nervous system and endocrine system. There is no legal OTC supplement you can buy to influence these systems, so there's nothing you can do to 'get your metabolism going'. It's already going. Aside from adding skeletal muscle which is more metabolically active than fat, you can't do anything to speed it up.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any weight training? Intense weight training really speeds up the metabolism and with a clean diet you will see some great results.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Adding a multivitamin to your routine will be more benefitical then hydroxycut. I've known people who have taken hydroxycut and it didn't do anything for them except shed maybe three pounds of what they considered 'water' weight.
  • carolinamzd
    Options
    Years ago, when I was about 19 years old. I almost felt like dying from trying out the Hydroxycut product.
    Now thinking back, I thought about how dumb I must have been in thinking that I needed to lose weight.

Flash forward five years later, I was at 124 lbs for my 5'2" frame. I started working out (strength training) and changed my eating habits. I dropped down to 116lbs. Then I stopped and then started again and dropped down to 108 lbs. Then stopped again and started like a week ago and am starting out from 111 lbs but this time eating much more healthier.

I have learned the hard way. To get my metabolism going I must remain within the allowed calories for my goal and continue with my work out routine.

No more fad diets for me! I have to admit, it has been hard for me to stay on track but I have gotten much better. It takes determination.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Thanks for the positive feedback!! :happy:

I have been on every diet known to man (and woman!) My friends and I could fill a stadium with the pounds we have lost and gained back in the past 30 years. This is the FIRST time I have lost it, and kept it off, AND feel great!!

I would strongly refrain from drugs until you have given this a try, au natural!!

Can you exercise for 30 minutes each day? That will give you a jump start for sure!
    My Slim in 6 program came with a jump start diet. It suggested 20 minutes in early morning to reve the engines, then lots of clean eating through out the day, then 20-45 minutes of exercise in the evening.

It will be much better for your body, and your metabolism, to try it this way. If you dont lose weight, you can always take the hydroxy cut, right?

It is so worth the work. Look at Tamtastic. 124 pounds lost in just over a year through diet and exercise alone. You can rest assured she wont gain it back, cuz she worked so hard for it!!

I am truly supportive of any decision you might make, but jeez I AM a mom and must say to try the healthy way first!!

BTW you are a beautiful young lady!
    000202E7.gif
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    i dont think we need a jup start

all we need is to realise abt what we r doing to ourselves

good or bad

that itself is a jumpstart i guess

best of luck :heart:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i have lost 40 pounds over the last year, i have 25 more to go and i was getting discouraged because i have been working my butt off the last month and i still have not gotten into the "healthy" range, sooooo i did some research today because i was gonna give up and try a pill to just get me into the healthy range well many sites i came across said that hydroxy cut is a waste of money and the few pills that will help have serious side affects.:frown:

so if you really want to try something PLEASE make sure you research it first!!!!! but i can tell ya MFP works it is just a waiting came and it really does pay off in the long run when peaople ask you how you did it you say " eating healthy and exercising" they just look at you like your nutz, then you smile and walk away IT IS THE BEST FEELING EVER to know you worked hard to be who you are.

i wish you the best.:flowerforyou: