Things you can do at work....

Options
I have a desk job, and I have just realised, that if I job up the stairs (3 flights) at work 4 times a day, then I will burn off 104 calories.

Anyone else got other things they do like this?

Replies

• Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just went for a wee walk in my lunch hour as apposed to sitting at desk :)
  • nikknock99
    Options
    Hey,
    I have set my printer to print at the other end of the office- so i have to get up more regularly.
    I also go to the toliets which are up 2 flights of stairs instead of down the corridor.
    Hope this helps
    Nik
  • mom2boys
    mom2boys Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I run up the stairs (3 flights) up and down 5 times, 2 times a day. I burn just over 200 calories! And only takes about 5 minutes.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It is hard for me I work in a warehouse setting but with a desk job. Every hour i walk to the bathroom (which is a good hike) and and if no one is in the rest room (dont want people to think i am nuts) I do squats and leg lifts =o)
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I waitress so that's my workout. But on days I have school all day, I park across campus and hike in carrying my 50lb. book bag. lol
  • Bavaria100
    Options
    We participate in the "The Global Corporate Challenge® (GCC)" . The aim is that employees walk at least 10000 steps a day. You find more info under http://www.gettheworldmoving.com
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I go for a brisk walk, about 4km in 30 mins, in my lunchbreak whenever the weather allows for it - which is pretty much daily, at the moment
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We participate in the "The Global Corporate Challenge® (GCC)" . The aim is that employees walk at least 10000 steps a day. You find more info under http://www.gettheworldmoving.com

our company does this too!!!! I did it last year but didn't join this year :o(
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am also chained to my desk all day. While I'm waiting for copies, I do leg lifts or push ups against a desk or table. When I feel my energy start to sag, I get up and do at least 10 jumping jacks right at my desk. My co-workers know what my health goals are, and they are supportive. It also gets them to laugh their a**es off, which always lightens the mood. And when I can, I take a walk outside.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking a lot of water (like 5-6 glasses just during the work day) and I think the bathroom trips are the part of this that really makes you lose weight. You can also do "against the desk" pushups. I am considering a modification to make my desk a standing desk too.