For those wondering about cardio or weights, which 1 first

Options
Found this article on yahoo.com this morning and thought I would share the link with you. http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201104/warm-cardio-then-go-weights-right-wrong

Replies

• mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to cut and paste the link to read the article...... ;-)
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    humm.....interesting :smile:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I would've thought the other way too.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I'm a recent convert to this routine and believe it!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will be changing some things :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    knew this one.
    I always do a 5-10 minute warmup, then lift.

But obviously if you run for 30 minutes, you aren't going to lift as well as you could have otherwsie.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That article is so subjective. Everyone is different and has to find what works for them.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I always did cardio then weights. I will do my weights then cardio, see how that works out for me.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. This is what I was doing, but I had no idea that it was the right way. It just felt right for me.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Cardio(20mins)>Weights(25mins) So far it's worked for me, but I'm going to check out that article ;o
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    That article is so subjective. Everyone is different and has to find what works for them.

I think it has a good point thought...weight training is needed to make the sort of advances that a lot of people want (steady state cardio does not make you look like a super model). So it makes sense that in order to get the most out of your weigh training that you would do it when you still have full energy.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

not really.
    If you wear yourself out doing cardio, you can't lift as much weight.

Keeping cardio and weights on seperate days is gonna be the most beneficial strategy.