Green Tea Drinkers Out There

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Ok, so I have never been a tea person, however, I know green tea is suppose to be awesome for the healthy diet. So what are your thoughts for those of you that do drink it? Have you seen a difference since drinking it, do you have brands that your prefer over others? Thanks for the help.

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Good question...I just asked my trainer if I should take the Green Tea capsule...and he told me I should drink the tea....its a great fat burner!!!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 806 Member
    Couldn't do without mine! I drink the Cranberry Pomegranate Green tea by Lipton. A few packets of Truvia and it is so good! I have it every single morning! I don't drink/consume anything other than my tea and water so the small amount of caffeine in the tea gets me going. Wish you well in your tea drinking! :)
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    i make a fresh brewed pitcher every day and drink the entire pitcher. just green tea bags and water... and put it in the fridge its sooo good.
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    I do the lipton green tea to go packets and put them in a bottle of water! They have all different flavors! I guess I have noticed a difference but I was drinking coke and a lot of it! If you get the premixed stuff watch how much sodium is in a serving..most of the bottles are 2+ servings and they have a lot of sodium in them! The packets have zero!! Good luck!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    I've read a lot of research that it doesn't matter what kind of tea you drink (black tea, white tea, red tea, green tea, etc) they all will give you the same benefits, but green tea DOES have higher levels of EGCG. Green tea doesn't always have the best flavor, so I like anything that has a little something extra in it -- two leaves and a bud has an orange flavored green tea that's pretty good, and you can even drink it iced if you want! Walmart and Target both have iced tea makers which make it a lot easier to drink over the summer, or anytime really!
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    on of my health magazines said to brew a pitcher, add in lemon, lime and orange slices and drink it up. I tried it this weekend, and it's really good.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I don't know that I've seen a difference.
    But I love the drink and it does seem to help me feel full after a meal.

I'm drinking Bigelow Earl Gray Green Tea right now.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I like it but only drink one mug of it every morning when I get to work. I wouldn't choke it down if I didn't like it just because it has some health benefits. I like it but not so much where I would want to drink a ton of it all day. My favorite brand is the 365 Organic Green Tea (Whole Foods brand). Tastes good and is cheap-it comes in a big box of 80 bags!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Lots of great benifits.

My favorite is Green tea with mint! I add one packet of sun crystals for a touch of sweetness.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    I buy Prince of Peace from Whole Foods. It's organic and suprisingly cheap! Comes in 100 bag box which lasts me a while, I usually drink one or two cups a day. It seems to help me detox and is suppose to be a fat burner (I haven't noticed any benefits on that front unfortunately) LOL
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    I like the lipton green teas (drinking cranberry pomegranate right now). I started with 2 tsp of sugar and over the course of a month reduced the sugar until now I drink it with no sweetner. My doctor says it is great for boosting metabolism and for fighting cancer.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    I was never a fan until I tried Lipton Citrus Green Tea (there is like 20 tea bags in a box). Love the stuff with a teaspoon of honey.....but only if its hot.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    I am going to try green tea after reading all this - I know it's good for you and why not? I don't like a lot of artificial flavors though so will make my own I think. Adding lemon or lime sounds good. Does everyone drink it cold? Or hot? Which tastes better?
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Green tea is excellent for you! My mother is an herbalist and we grew up on the stuff and I seldom go a day without a cup of tea. Today its honeybush because I'm sick :)

Buy LOOSE tea, if you can. If not, stay away from Lipton (sorry whomever posted about that stuff) and any tea that is flavored or says 'decaffinated'. Anything with added flavor or decaffinated has been chemically altered and over-processed.

If you can't find loose tea, then look at product labels that say "green tea" and don't list anything else. Traditional Medicinals makes an excellent green tea and all their products are organic and use fair trade practices. I get my loose leaf tea at the grocery store in the bulk aisle or at the local coop.

Peppermint is also a great tea for digestion. I drink that all day long. If you have a hard time with the taste of green tea, then what I'd recommend as you get use to it, is to drink it in a plastic mug or don't seep as long until you've worked your way up.

Enjoy!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    I love all the Tazo teas......I can drink any of them without adding anything. The Lipton Cranberry Pomegranate is also very Yummy!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Green Tea -The Elixir of Life yup cant live without it, its great hot or cold over ice, I love jasmine green tea, chai green tea, lemon green tea, mint green tea, anyway you can have it, it has some caffine, it will wake you up without a jolt but keep your energy buzzing a bit during the day and I drink about 8 to 10 cups of it. or 4 -16 oz cups. It took a bit to get use to the taste now I just love it, so clean, refreshing and makes you feel good your putting something cleansing and purifying into your body! Give it a try, if you dont like one kind, keep trying till you find one you like or ask co workers who do drink it to give you a few samples of different kinds before you buy a whole box.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I like my green tea brewed hot, no sugar.
  • The lipton green tea tastes just like regular tea... it is good. Just brew you up a pot. ;)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    I don't know about seeing a difference, but I drink it after my meals to help my digestion. I love Tazo green tea with lemongrass and spearmint. I don't like unflavored green tea.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    I was a coffeeholic until January. I used to have a cup going nearly all day. Then we bought a kurig and I cut way back to 2 cups a day. Now I have switched over to tea and realized how much better I feel. I guess the habit I had wasn't so much the coffee but the warmth of a hot drink that I enjoyed. I like the Bigelow Green Tea. I use the K-cups or just regular tea bags which is more economical. After reading these post I may branch out and try the Cranberry Pomegranate.
This discussion has been closed.