Eating Calories

Options
Hello all, I was just wondering is it necessary to eat back exercise calories? I just started Turbo Fire and it has me burning a lot of calories but I don't feel hungry eating my 1,600 cals a day. I can barely eat that. I am 5'6" 180. I see so far that I burn about 500-900 cals a day doing 1hr 15mins. I am sure this is because of my weight and my heart rate since I'm just starting. In a few weeks I am sure it will be lower. Thanks guys.....also anyone interested in doing the Turbo Fire, friend me so that we can hold each other accountable :wink:

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well...if you eat 1600 and burn 500 I'd say you could skip it or just add a small snack of 50 so calories- maybe an apple or a 1/2 tblspn of PB- because you want to net around 1200. If you burn 900, I would say it's more important to eat some back because that puts you at 700 for the day and that could be too little.

But...also make sure you trust your HRM. Sometimes calculations can be slightly off.
  • Lotuser
    Lotuser Posts: 9
    Options
    Omg Hun, no way... Exercise helps u loose weight.. Less in, more out!,,, so it's great you can feel full and keep under your daily count. Great job i day!

As you lose weight, it will get harder cause you will need fewer calories. So soak it in while it last :).
  • lipt8611
    lipt8611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Omg Hun, no way... Exercise helps u loose weight.. Less in, more out!,,, so it's great you can feel full and keep under your daily count. Great job i day!

As you lose weight, it will get harder cause you will need fewer calories. So soak it in while it last :).

please don't listen to this. if you are not hungry, no, you do not need to all of your calories back but you do need to fuel your body. when it works harder it needs more nutrition to run properly. I'm sure you've heard that losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, and I think this is EXTREMELY important to remember.

ALSO- yes, you will likely lose more weight quickly if you do not eat as much now- but you are more likely to KEEP weight off if you do it slowly.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last post. If MFP says for you to eat 1600 cals a day to lose 1 lb a week then I would do that plus eat some of your exercise calories. Try snacking and I find V-8 juice is a great way for recovering those muscles after a workout and your eating (drinking) good calories. Also eating every 3-4 hours is good to rev up your metabolism so you can burn more during the day. For me this works.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

please don't listen to this. if you are not hungry, no, you do not need to all of your calories back but you do need to fuel your body. when it works harder it needs more nutrition to run properly. I'm sure you've heard that losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, and I think this is EXTREMELY important to remember.

ALSO- yes, you will likely lose more weight quickly if you do not eat as much now- but you are more likely to KEEP weight off if you do it slowly.

Agreed! And keep in mind you don't always have to stuff yourself to get your body the calories and nutrients it needs. Two tablespoons of peanutbutter is about 200 calories, surely you have room for two tablespoons of PB (or something else to your liking).