Working out = Happiness

Options
I feel like I am on top of the world. Literally! I love working out!! I have been doing it 7 days a week for the last 3 weeks and it has kept me in a good mood 90% of my day. I feel better and less judgemental. I am more calm and collective with my thoughts and can focus better. I feel like I can climb any mountain!!! Who else feels like this??? Its a feeling of pure euphoria.. :wink:

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am on top of the world. Literally! I love working out!! I have been doing it 7 days a week for the last 3 weeks and it has kept me in a good mood 90% of my day. I feel better and less judgemental. I am more calm and collective with my thoughts and can focus better. I feel like I can climb any mountain!!! Who else feels like this??? Its a feeling of pure euphoria.. :wink:
  • gonezobean
    Options
    agreed second and yes i love it! I work out pretty hard so my rest days are filled with yoga. i just need to be doing something for me and that 60 or so mins of gym time is the most selfish, self indulgent, lovefest of my day!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

I agree. One of the best parts of my day is when I'm lacing up my walking shoes. Esp in this cold weather, I used to dread having to go in it but now I can't wait to get my "high" for the day.:glasses:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I feel the same exact way! Expecially with the judgemental thing, I feel like I have been very critical towards people lately and I don't even know why! But exercising definatly helps me, its crazy what a difference it makes. And I actually feel accomplished, not lazy like I normally feel. Usually when I workout too, I don't feel like eating junkfood, its strange.:happy: But hey, I'm not complaining

:heart: Danielle
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too! I'm in a better mood, have more energy and am generally more confident. I especially love my yoga class. Over the last few months I've become so flexible. I feel years younger.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok you happy people. What if you don't feel that way??? What happens if you hate it, yet you run about 3 times a week. I do it but I hate it...especially getting going...

How do I get my high?
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Try making it about you. It's something selfish that you're doing for yourself. That makes all the difference in the world to me. I've loved exercising since I was in my teens...however, my sister hated it. She had a baby and wanted to motivate herself. I told her she needed to change her mindset about it and it made a huge difference for her. If you think of it as something that you have to do, it's likely that you won't enjoy it. Try to think of it as something you get to do and it's something selfish.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I always regard it as "my time" away from the world and away from material things. Its like being pampered at a salon or spa and feeling good. I try to remain in that mind set. Rewards will of course always be there afterwards :)
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Ok you happy people. What if you don't feel that way??? What happens if you hate it, yet you run about 3 times a week. I do it but I hate it...especially getting going...

How do I get my high?

I'm the same. I always feel good AFTER I workout but I never look forward to it. Maybe someday I'll get to the "Yea! I get to workout!" mentality. That'd be cool.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    It's the only time of day I don't have to answer to my boss, coworkers, husband, or child.

I can turn up my mp3 player to the top volume (no, I care nothing about being able to hear when I'm older) and turn off the world. I rock out to my music. It's all about me.

I work out Monday - Friday (gym at work) and feel miserable when I can't get in a workout on the weekends (kiddo and hubby!).

I have unmotivated days, but I force myself to go, and feel so much better once I have.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thats really good advice... Thanks--I think that just might help me get up tomorrow morning and run and actually enjoy it! We'll see...
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I agree! I REALLY look forward to it because that is MY time. And you bet that I MAKE time for it because it is peace and quiet (well, NOT, because I have my music cranked up!!) but all about ME time and my "relaxation". It's something I look forward to every evening, because once I have made it through the day, dinner is over with, house is cleaned, kids are tucked in bed ........ after doing everything for everyone else ALL day long....... then it is ALL ABOUT ME for a whole hour! It is my ME TIME, no interruptions, lots of *thinking* time and just very rewarding, too!!!

I think it is all in perception, if you look at it as it is something that you HAVE TO DO, then it's not fun. You will dread it. But if you look at it as a "reward" for yourself or some "you time", then it makes it so much easier to do - and can get addicting! I love it!!!!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options

How do I get my high?

Have you thought of trying something different? I can not stand running, I get shin splints from walking!! This summer I took up cycling and absolutley love it. If it is not cycling swimming, weight lifting, snow shoeing etc etc. There is a passion out there for you!!! :flowerforyou: