morrell mushrooms

Options
donby
donby Posts: 28 Member
Tis the season...does anybody know the calorie content of sponge morel mushrooms?

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Oh yum. One of my favs. It all depends on how you make them. You're spelling them wrong, however. It's with one "r" and one "l". That may be why you can't find them on here. 5 medium mushrooms is 20 cals. BUT MFP says fried morel mushrooms is 195...so really watch how you make them. If you use spray butter to make them, it is possible (they aren't as good that way though). Enjoy!! (jealous!!!)

I'm in MN...they won't be out for at least 3 more weeks.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I found 11, just 11 and actually lost 6 of those. So I hadn't had a chance to look them up.
  • donby
    Options
    thank you
  • donby
    Options
    sorry for the spelling...just starting to "pop" here in Nebraska
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just figure that day will be a free day for me! Forget the calories, you only get them once a year! :laugh:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    :tongue: My bro loves them so much that we ship them to him. What's almost as much fun as eating them is "hunting" for them. :tongue: Enjoy!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    totally YUM. I just started looking for them last week w/no luck--we may see a few blacks this coming weekend but maybe a few more weeks for yellows. I would log it in as raw, and then add whatever you use to cook them separately. I use Olive Oil and a little course sea salt. Maybe a teeny bit of butter at the end......that way they wouldn't be any higher in calories than any other sauteed mushroom or veggie.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Literally JUST had a conversation with my boss about this, less than 5 minutes ago haha.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used egg whites and plain bread crumbs seasoned and baked on a preheated pan in a 425 degree oven tummy and much better for u than battered and fried
  • donby
    Options
    sounds good
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I used egg whites and plain bread crumbs seasoned and baked on a preheated pan in a 425 degree oven tummy and much better for u than battered and fried

That sounds so good!! I am going to try this - thanks so much!!!!
  • donby
    Options
    nice