Introduction

Options
Hi everyone,

I just joined about a couple of weeks ago or so. My brother and sister are already using the site and love it. I have lost a little weight, but I think it is water weight so far. I am in my late 50's and have really let myself go in the last 8 years or so. I must add that l have gained 65 lbs. during that period. Before that I had taken a Weight Loss class at a local University and had last about 30 lbs. The class emphasized counting calories consumed vs. calories burned in exercise. I seem to recall that 3500 calories equaled one pound lost. I need to confirm that number, anyone know if it's on the site?

Anyway I lost weight and kept it off for about 20 years (see how old I am). I loved running, not for speed, but for the weight loss. Then I got tired/older/injured and totally quit running. Unfortunately I kept eating the same. I am trying to find the exercise I love now, because I am too heavy to run and don't want to get injured. I finally cut down on my eating so I quit gaining, but it is hard to go down because I am so out of shape.

I hope to talk to many of you. Please send me a message if you want to talk.

Michael

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site here...great place!
  • casper094
    Options
    Hi Michael! While your story is about ending the exercise, mine is about becoming a non-smoker. Good luck!
  • kellymccrea
    Options
    Welcome..good luck on your journey to a healthier you!!