Do Vitamins pack on the pounds?

Options
I was just wondering if vitamins make you gain weight? I have gained back 2 lbs and I can't figure out why. The only thing that has changed in my diet/exercise plan is that I started taking vitamins.

Replies

• LoriW78
    LoriW78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so but I am not sure.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Don't think so.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12 might spike your appetite, but you would still have to eat food to gain weight.

i even take gummy vitamins and don't log the calories and still lose weight.

So, no, I wouldn't think so.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    No! Vitamins fill in the gaps that are left open by your diet. Your weight may fluctuate by around 2-4 pounds at any point in a day. Be sure that you're weighing yourself at the same time daily or weekly.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    No vitamins shouldn't be affecting you... Maybe water retention? Are you getting enough water and avoiding high sodium foods?
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Some of the larger fish oil capsules that often require you to take 6 or so per day to meet the recommended amount have quite a calorie kick to them. Other than that, they shouldn't be making much difference, unless you were malnourished and not absorbing nutrients (which of course, wouldn't be a good thing).
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    No. Not at all. In fact adding protein to your diet, (like protein shakes) helps you build muscle faster and therefore burn more calories. Which helps you lose weight. I drink one, when first getting up in the morning and one right after my workout. The L-Glutamine in them helps with musce soreness.