Eating breakfast makes me hungrier! HELP!

Options
Hey guys, so on the days I eat breakfast I find that I get hungrier faster. It doesn't matter what size breakfast I eat, because I still get ravenous at lunch time! I cant skip breakfast, but Im finding it so hard to stay under my calorie limit if I eat breakfast. I would rather just skip it because then all I eat is lunch and dinner (maybe a snack) but breakfast is so important.

I think I might not be given the right icalorie information for my body/metaboism because 1400 calories just doesn't seem to cut it for me, but I'm concerned with the small amount of activity I do in the day I should really only be eating 1200. Yesterday I considered myself to have eaten well, and I was too close to 1400 calories and was hungry when I went to bed! Today I ate a large breakfast because I won't be able to eat until late tonight, but I'm already hungry.

I'm not sure if there is a solution to this, I'm just ranting because how am I supposed to loose weight when I'm always hungry?

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    planning, eating breakfast will raise your metabolic rate causing you to be hungrier sooner, I usually offset that with a small serving of almonds when that hunger hits, or you can try some fruit.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    How much are you working out? If you are hungry, try eating every 2-3 hours.

Eat back at least half of your exercise calories as well. I used to not, but as I lose more, I'm hungrier often, and your body needs fuel to keep on burning.

There is nothing wrong with having 1400-1600 calories a day and maybe 200 more if you're working out each day as well.

You know your metabolism is working!
  • blakjac6
    blakjac6 Posts: 41
    Options
    Breakfast jump starts ur metabolism! making u hungry....BUT eating breakfast helps with weightloss, if u skip breakfast u slow down ur metabolism. The best thing to do is drink plenty of water, especially when feeling hungry to subside the hunger. Water will fill u up before lunch and u won't be as hungry, and won't eat as much. dont skip breakfast! :)
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I used to get that way too, but now I break my calories up into 4-6 smaller meals. That way I'm eating every couple of hours, and now I have a hard time eating all of my calories.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I get hungry in the morning but I postpone breakfast for as long as I can, because after I eat it, it's not long until I'm hungry again. I don't have any tips about that part of it. I'm also always hungry but I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm an over-eater, and my body "thinks" it's hungry, anytime it's not full. I've found that eating raw vegetables helps out with that a lot. I try to keep hummus and raw carrots on hand at all times. Also, eat foods high in fiber, and only eat whole grains. That should help a little. Good luck!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what I eat. If I eat something with protein in it I do better. If I have cereal then I'm starved to death all day.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Breakfast jump starts ur metabolism! making u hungry....BUT eating breakfast helps with weightloss, if u skip breakfast u slow down ur metabolism. The best thing to do is drink plenty of water, especially when feeling hungry to subside the hunger. Water will fill u up before lunch and u won't be as hungry, and won't eat as much. dont skip breakfast! :)

Eating breakfast does not aid in weight loss. That is a myth.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    FIBRE.
    that is all.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The payoff is you will be less hungry at dinner.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    what are you eating for breakfast??? if you are eating stuff like cereal then you probably will be hungry. i try to eat a good amount of protein, i have a scrambled egg, 2 oz of ham, and a mini bagel..that's about 300 calories. also try to have a little snack midway between breakfast and lunch. it helps alot, i am the same way eating breakfast makes me want to eat all day long. have to exhibit a lot of will power to control what i eat and when.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me but I have found that breakfast does help me think clearer.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast but I make sure it is balanced with protein. If i only have oatmeal or cereal I bottom out really quick. I also plan a 9 or 10 am snack (triscuit and string cheese) before lunch so that I can keep lunch time cravings to a minimum.
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i never eat breakfast. i run 10kms at noon everyday on an empty stomach and eat small meals between 2-9pm. it works for me...always has. one size does not fit all :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    sounds like you need some snacks added in and good ones, like nuts, avocado's or even peanut butter and apples. You should be happy that you are so hungry after breakfast, that means you metabolism is up and running and you are burning the fat!
    I also recommend eating every 2-3 hours, this should help curb the hunger, and if you are still hungry try adding in so protein, tuna, fish, even cottage cheese.

Good luck.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend moving to five smaller meals a day if you are feeling hungry come lunch time.

One of the first things I did when I started this program was making a switch to smaller meals more often throughout the day, and it has helped me so much. Definitely has cut down on my headaches, since my blood sugar isn't swinging around.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what I eat. If I eat something with protein in it I do better. If I have cereal then I'm starved to death all day.

This is what I was thinking as well. Many people suddenly go high carb/super-low fat and pay no attention to protein and then wonder why they're always hungry.

If you make an effort to get a good deal of protein and some healthy fat at breakfast, you'll feel full for a much longer period of time. (True for all meals and snacks, actually.)
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It does jump start things for sure. Try eating a more protein packed breakfast. It really does help! Some egg whites, some whole wheat toast...maybe a protein shake if you are not a big eater in the morning.

One of my favorite on the go breakfasts is two pieces of light wheat bread with a table spoon of peanut butter. Yummy and it holds me over till my mid morning snack at 10 :)
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    breakfast does kick start the metabolism, which is great, but does also make you hungrier, because you are burning more than if you hadn't had breakfast.
    Try to eat as much protien as possible and throw in some good fiber to fill you up. Complex carbs are slow to break down and therefore last longer in your system.

My go to breakfast is whole wheat bread, egg beaters and 35 laughing cow cheese wedge.

This is low enough in calories you have enough to have a snack between breakfast and lunch.

It is also best to eat snacks through out the day. I tend to be around 1300 calories a day with a
    breakfast,
    morning snack,
    lunch,
    afternoon snack (lots of protien and fiber as lunch and dinner are futher apart than breakfast and lunch),
    dinner
    and a small dessert.

Just need to plan it properly and stick to the plan for the day
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    ^^ Yeah, that. Make sure you are getting some protein, and some fats in every meal. If you start the day with something with a lot of fiber, you will not get hungry by lunchtime. It is carbs that make you get hungry quickly. What are you eating for breakfast?
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    what are you eating for breakfast??? if you are eating stuff like cereal then you probably will be hungry. i try to eat a good amount of protein, i have a scrambled egg, 2 oz of ham, and a mini bagel..that's about 300 calories. also try to have a little snack midway between breakfast and lunch. it helps alot, i am the same way eating breakfast makes me want to eat all day long. have to exhibit a lot of will power to control what i eat and when.

I usually eat oatmeal and throw some frozen berries in it.