Are you feet shrinking?

Has anyone else noticed that their feet have gotten smaller since losing weight? Over the past few months, I've noticed my shoes flopping around on my feet a bit, but I didn't pay it any mind. I finally went and had my feet measured at a shoe store, and the man told me that I wear a size 7. I'm thinking, no way:noway: I have worn a size 8 shoe for as long as I can remember. But sure enough, I put on a dang size 7 shoe and it fits like a charm. Now, not only do I need new clothes, but I need new shoes. I could understand my feet getting narrower, but shorter...that's just the weirdest thing ever!:huh:

Replies

• Has anyone else noticed that their feet have gotten smaller since losing weight? Over the past few months, I've noticed my shoes flopping around on my feet a bit, but I didn't pay it any mind. I finally went and had my feet measured at a shoe store, and the man told me that I wear a size 7. I'm thinking, no way:noway: I have worn a size 8 shoe for as long as I can remember. But sure enough, I put on a dang size 7 shoe and it fits like a charm. Now, not only do I need new clothes, but I need new shoes. I could understand my feet getting narrower, but shorter...that's just the weirdest thing ever!:huh:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    That happened to my mom when she lost a lot of her weight...she went from a 9.5 to an 8...some shoes she can do at 7.5....its crazy...
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    I have noticed that you can see the bones in my feet better. However, I really don't want my feet to shrink, I already only wear a 5.5!
  • Well that's something to look forward to then.
    I wear an 11, it's terrible.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I still wear a 10/11.

but i have noticed that they hurt less....
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Well that's something to look forward to then.
    I wear an 11, it's terrible.

HAHA, I agree! I also have size 11...it's awful. It is so hard to find a pair of cute shoes in our size! :grumble:
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Yep - I have gone from a 9W to a 8 1/2 or 8 R, I even have one pair I bought in a 7.5R - cracks me up I never thought about the fact that my feet were over weight as well :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I use to be a 7.
    Gained weight, had a baby. Neared an 8 or 8.5.
    Lost weight. Back to 7.5 but they are becoming lose on me.
    Not really logical, but it's happening. LOL
  • bhdb
    bhdb Posts: 17
    Has happened to me as well in the past.. The more weight your feet have to support, the wider they spread :tongue:
  • Well I'm glad to see it's not just me. I thought I was some kind of alien!