chicken recipes

Options
jenhenning219
jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
so i am on weight watchers and i am looking at weight watchers recipes and i just dont get how the chicken Enchiladas is 4 points when a chicken breast is 6 points can someone please explain it to me? here is the recipe
Ingredients

10 Ounces Cooked Chicken -- shredded
2 cups Scallions -- finely chopped
2 Cups Enchilada sauce -- see recipe
6 Inch prepared corn -- tortillas
1 1/2 Ounces Part-skim mozzarella cheese -- grated

Enchilada Sauce:

16 oz No Salt Added tomato sauce
1 t oregano
1 t garlic powder
1 t chili powder,Or More To Taste
2 t onion powder
1/2 t Cumin

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400º F, unless you have a microwave. In a bowl, combine the chicken, half the scallions, and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce. Soften the corn tortillas, two at a time, by steaming them for 10 seconds, or cook in a microwave for 10 second on high.
Spoon 1 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x11-inch pan. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Roll each tortilla and place seam side down on the sauce in the pan.
Top with the remaining cup of enchilada sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and the remaining scallions. Bake for 10 minutes or microwave on high for 5 minutes.

Makes 6 Servings (1 Enchilada Per Serving)

151 cals, 15g protein, 3.4g total fat, 16g carbs, 3.3g cholesterol, 3.3g fiber,
95mg calcium Exchanges: 1 1/2 meat, 2/3 starch, 1/2 vegetable

Replies

• WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! And so low cal! Thanks!
  • kimbie527
    Options
    I would guess it might have something to do with the fact that you are only using 10 ounces of chicken for 6 servings. That is only slightly more than 1/2 pound. When you spread that out between 6 servings, you really aren't eating that much chicken.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    It could be that a full chicken breast (3.5oz) is the 6 points and you are taking 10 oz for 6 enchiladas.... it all evens out.:bigsmile:

But thanks for the great recipe!!!!
  • tigersteph80
    tigersteph80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    yeah but the tortillas and the cheese are high in points too, i was looking at wraps and they r 6 points alone for the wheat ones, the points plus goes by fat fiber protein and carbohydrates just seems low, and i made a mistake its 4pts for one breast, still all in all.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bump. thank you! and sorry i can't answer your question...
  • Cnava01
    Cnava01 Posts: 37
    Options
    You want to use corn tortillas not flour 2 corn tortillas usually count as 2 points and they absorb the sauce way better.
    I also like to add peppers and onions to mine too for extra fiber and fillers.

If you are still confused send me a message. I am very familiar with weight watchers and cooking.