bread alternatives

Options
I love bread but need to cut it out to loose some weight.

Any suggestions? I have rice cakes sometimes but need some other suggestions please

Replies

• Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I use Thomas Bagel-Thins (110 claories per bagel) and Latortilla Factory - Smart & Delicious Tortillas High Fiber 12g, Low Carb, Whole Wheat 9" (80 calories) and Sara Lee Delightful Wheat Bread (45 Cal) - With Honey, 2 Slices (total for 2 slices-90 calories). Hope that helps and good luck!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I too love my bread. I know this isn't ideal but I switched to SaraLee Sandwich Thins the Honey Wheat is soft and tasty. They have less calories and carbs than regular bread.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm the same and love rice cakes. I have now changed to whole grain bread and try to eat sandwiches open face. The new thin breads like bagels are pretty good.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    I try to stick to light wheat for my bread. Only 35 cal per slice.
    Of course this doesn't work for everything and in those instances I just plan my meals around the higher calorie count of the bread by lowering the calorie count of the rest of the meal.
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks everyone - Im in the UK so not sure on some of those brands but I will have a look in the supermarket and see if there is anything similar.
    Problem is if I dont have bread I feel really hungry
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    maybe once a week or so I'll have a slice or two of 100% sourdough rye bread, I also use corn tortillas on occasion.