Bridge to 10k, couck 2 10k or Ease in2 10k

Options
Has anyone used any of these apps after completing c25k?

Replies

• BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump. I am looking at using these too!
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there were other apps after the C25K?
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I hope this doesn't annoy you by adding more options, but after doing a slightly different version of Couch to 5K called First Day to 5K, I did Gateway to 8K and next am going to do Freeway to 10K! The podcasts are all free and pre-mixed w/ audio cues marking off the intervals.

Not recommended if you don't like electronic music, but easy to download and well-paced. :wink: :smile:
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

I 'finished' the last week of Gateway to 8K last week and was actually able to run an all-trail 10K yesterday! :bigsmile:
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump - i'm in wk 3 of C25K - I'd like to know too!
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have an iphone and I use Get Running. It's the C25K program, just a different app for it. I like it. You can run itunes or pandora, and the voice will just lower your music for a min to tell you when to walk/run.
  • allikat1324
    allikat1324 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Bridge to 10K today actually. I started with C25K and ran my first 5K this weekend. The plan looks good and definitely doable, I can't wait to be running 10K in 6 weeks!
  • mdickhaut
    Options
    I'm starting Bridge to 10K today actually. I started with C25K and ran my first 5K this weekend. The plan looks good and definitely doable, I can't wait to be running 10K in 6 weeks!

How long did it take you to run the 5k? I'm only in Week 2, and I keep hearing of people repeating weeks because it gets difficult. I was wanting to be able to run a 5k in June.
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like that the bridge 2 10k is only 6 weeks!!
  • allikat1324
    allikat1324 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

How long did it take you to run the 5k? I'm only in Week 2, and I keep hearing of people repeating weeks because it gets difficult. I was wanting to be able to run a 5k in June.

I never had to repeat any of the weeks, and I started running the 5k distance after about week 5-6 in the C25K program...Once I got to the run in week 5 where you go 20 minutes straight, I just started running without the program on my own. My first actually 5k was 7 weeks after I officially started the program, though I first ran the whole distance w/o stopping to walk a couple weeks earlier. My time was 30:31, so I'm very happy with that!
  • mdickhaut
    Options
    Great! Thanks
  • Jillatha
    Jillatha Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have completed my c25k and have my first race in July! I am looking into 10K next I will check these out! Thanks!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Just started a Bridge to 10K Challenge group, which is at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395037-bridge-to-10k-challenge-starts-december

Cheers