HELP!!! I'm Lactose Intolerant and Lactic Acid Buildup Is K

Options
2»

Replies

• ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am saying this without looking on the label of my protein, but I have found that if I drink a protein shake, like 100% Whey protein mixed with water after a workout, it significantly decreases the amount of soreness I have the next day. Currently, I am using GNC's AMP chocolate flavor.

Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone is correct, lactic acid and lactose intolerence are 2 completely different animals.

Good luck!
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am saying this without looking on the label of my protein, but I have found that if I drink a protein shake, like 100% Whey protein mixed with water after a workout, it significantly decreases the amount of soreness I have the next day. Currently, I am using GNC's AMP chocolate flavor.

Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone is correct, lactic acid and lactose intolerence are 2 completely different animals.

Good luck!

Yes, yes, yes I now get that I made a mistake about lactose and lactic acid. Can we just please deal with the question. I will look into a protein shake but it needs to be soy free, gluten free and dairy free (yes I have food issues).
  • fathomblue
    fathomblue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are working out very hard, sore and aching, so this is what you need to do (make sure your doctor is ok with you taking these supplements first & you can buy them through GNC's website) take USPlabsJack3d 30 minutes before you workout, and right before you actually begin the workout take 3 to 4 capsules of MHP No-Bomb. If the workout is going to be a killer one, then take the full clinical dose of 6 No-Bomb capsules.

After you workout, drink 1 cup Almond Breeze milk, with Genuine Health Vegan Proteins+, I also add AST Sports Science GL3 L-Glutamine (2 teaspoons) (this helps your muscles recover and help you from compromising your immune system).

Good luck and keep working out. You'll get fitter and stronger without the aches, pains and soreness from high intensity workouts, add some good tunes to your MP3 and your golden :)
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are working out very hard, sore and aching, so this is what you need to do (make sure your doctor is ok with you taking these supplements first & you can buy them through GNC's website) take USPlabsJack3d 30 minutes before you workout, and right before you actually begin the workout take 3 to 4 capsules of MHP No-Bomb. If the workout is going to be a killer one, then take the full clinical dose of 6 No-Bomb capsules.

After you workout, drink 1 cup Almond Breeze milk, with Genuine Health Vegan Proteins+, I also add AST Sports Science GL3 L-Glutamine (2 teaspoons) (this helps your muscles recover and help you from compromising your immune system).

Good luck and keep working out. You'll get fitter and stronger without the aches, pains and soreness from high intensity workouts, add some good tunes to your MP3 and your golden :)

Thank you. I've gotten a good education today. Sorry to have misinformed and for being misinformed. Gotta learn sometime lol!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    BANANAS! Lots of them.

Even though you're 2 issues aren't related, bananas shou7dl help both. Potassium will help with the muscle soreness, and since bananas produce no juice, they have the opposite affect from what other fruit can have on your bowels.
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am not positive but I think too much water can cause diarrhea, and 15-18 glasses a day is a lot! I am not a nutritionist and maybe one recommended that consumption to you, I don't know. But remember that foods and other beverages all contribute to the standard recommended 6-8 glasses a day. Just a thought.