xbox kinect users...

Options
I'm looking to get a fitness game biggest loser or your shape fitness evolved...

Which one is better? any opinions?

Replies

• irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't have either of those ... yet, so I am interested in responses as well. I have the EA Sports Active game, and it kicks my butt !! I could barely walk for 2 days after doing it for the first time ! Any thoughts on Zumba as well?
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    I have the Fitness Evolved one. I find it incredibly depressing because it projects your image as a GIANT orange blob...it's an ok program but it definitely isn't that much fun. You can download a free trial of the biggest loser one I think to see if you like it. It's meh.

I prefer to just play Kinect Sports or Dance Central for my workouts with my xbox...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one, however you can download the trial to Biggest Loser...I like how it keeps track of your calories and etc.:smile:
  • MissKMN
    Options
    Nooooo the zumba one is supposedly TERRIBLE, don't get that...it's FULL of glitches. Just go read the reviews on amazon.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I do play kinect sports (which will have an add on soon for a calorie counting section) and kinect adventure. I ached more after those than doing my wii active workout on the highest intensity.

Zumba i tried that looked like a right wally. Kids thought it was funny watching me though
  • ladyjammie
    ladyjammie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitness Evolved and it's OK. Not fun. I downloaded the trial for Biggest Loser and did not like it at all. I like the Kinect Sports and Dance Central. Dance Central is GREAT!!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitness Evolved and it's OK. Not fun. I downloaded the trial for Biggest Loser and did not like it at all. I like the Kinect Sports and Dance Central. Dance Central is GREAT!!

Dance central is super fun !!!
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nooooo the zumba one is supposedly TERRIBLE, don't get that...it's FULL of glitches. Just go read the reviews on amazon.

I have the Zumba one & I've never had any problems with it except that I don't have enough room in my living room to do it all.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I dont have either of those either but really love Zumba and Kinect Adventures.Kinect adventures is sooo much fun to do with the family!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We have Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and I like it okay. Definitely a good workout, just not a lot of fun. Same with Biggest Loser.

Dance Central is definitely the best one hands down. It's a BLAST to play and a GREAT workout! It's my rainy day exercise! :) Also, to keep my heart rate up in between songs, I march in place.
  • kaaylaa101
    kaaylaa101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    id recommend dance central its amazing...

i also love the kinect sports, track and field is a killer!

i also bought wrist and ankle weights to use whilst working out on it, for more impact!

x
  • CurvyGirl1212
    CurvyGirl1212 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another one for Dance Central. LOVE IT!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I have You Shape. I love the cardio kick boxing. It really makes me sweat...A LOT!.
  • MissKMN
    Options
    Ahhhh you have me missing my kinect now! I'm skipping the gym for a few hours of Dance Central tonight!
  • Kytana
    Kytana Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm so glad to see other kinect users out here!

I rotate between Your Shape (Fitness Evolved), Dance Central, Sports, Adventures, and Fighters Uncaged. Fighters Uncaged gave me the best workout I think my legs have ever had, and I used to run Track & Cross Country, Not everyone is going to want a game that involves punching/kicking/sparring, but there's a training mode that takes you through beginning and more advanced moves. One of my faves is getting into a squat, and then having to maintain your balance as you kick with the other leg - not easy!

I thoroughly enjoy Your Shape (and the tint of 'your figure' on the screen can be customized - mine's purple, of course!).

Dance Central is also lots of fun, and includes a workout mode.

Wishing you all many successes!!

K
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Ahhhh you have me missing my kinect now! I'm skipping the gym for a few hours of Dance Central tonight!

Enjoy lol i may give that a whirl tonight.
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba ... and plan on opening the package tonight ...
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    I have Your Shape and Zumba. I like Your Shape ok, it's kinda boring for me but can give you a good workout. I love my zumba! I take a zumba class at the gym twice a week then do it at home a couple days a week as well. It is kind of cumbersom at first to get use to the interface and learn what you need to do, but like anything else, you figure it out.
  • eorourke23
    Options
    I have your fitness evolved, I dont use the zen workout on it as its pure agony, but the other boxing workouts are pure brilliant, you really work up a sweat. I have zumba too, eh eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its ok if you have rhthm but I discovered I dont lol, it is good though :)
  • eorourke23
    Options
    gosh after reading this I am off to town to buy dance central, sounds like its a lot of fun, I am going to get the carnival too, i have it for the wii and its a good family competitive game. love the wii and kinnect :)