NSV and Chocolate Cake :-)

Options
I didn't give in!

This might sound like an extremely small NSV, but for me it's kind of an exciting thing. I work at a school and there are birthday parties all the time. Teachers always get a piece of cake and I always eat it then feel frustrated with myself for doing so. Today, I said no. And left it there.

When I got home I didn't feel bleh from all the sugar. I instead ate a great big carrot and ran stairs for 15 minutes! It may be small, but it's honestly exciting and encouraging for me - because I have nothing to "feel bad" about, no pointless calories I have to work off. I have a day I can be pretty proud of and exercise calories that can be healthily consumed.

And you know what? The thought of writing this very post is what helped me say "no" the most. :-) So for whoever reads this, thanks!

Replies

• Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! That is a fantastic NSV and even the small ones count!! Be happy and excited for yourself that you are moving in the right direction!! Way to go and keep it up!!
  • snoland81
    snoland81 Posts: 19
    Options
    Good job.....keep it up! One day at a time is all you can ask! Every day is a new day!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!