Great Dinner

Options
meandpooh95
meandpooh95 Posts: 14 Member
Made Grilled Zucchini Lasagna for dinner last night. It was AWESOME!! Definitely a keeper even my family loved it. Replaced noddles with sliced grilled zucchini and low sugar sauce, fat free cottage cheese, egg substitute, and reduced fat cheese. Got left overs for lunch today. It was a great substitute for the high carb noddle lasagna will try next time with sausage.

Thanks for reading!
Margo

Replies

• sherryberry07
    Options
    Any chance you could pretty please post the recipe? That sounds WONDERFUL and I would love to know proportions. Thanks! :-)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Any chance you could pretty please post the recipe? That sounds WONDERFUL and I would love to know proportions. Thanks! :-)

I would love to know as well =)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the exact recipe as well.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    that sounds delicious. Will you please tag me with the recipe? I love zuccini!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Bump for receipe!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    agree... please post
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yes, recipe please! sounds yummy!
  • TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    I did something similar last year. I cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scooped out a furrow in the center all the way down. Filled it with a sauce//zucchini mixture, topped with cheese then baked it. Delicious!
  • Allivall
    Allivall Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump! Love zucchini and new recipes are always good. :)
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    recipe please! :love:
  • angeladryer
    Options
    bump
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump please post recipe:)
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump while i wait for the recipe! and drooling!
  • meandpooh95
    Options
    2-3 large zucchini, cut into lengthwise or round slices about 5/8 inch thick (enough zucchini slices to make two layers
    i used 10 small cut lengthwise and i fryed in my cast iron pan with oil spray to cold outside to grill
    olive oil, for brushing grill
    4 cups your favorite low sugar pasta sauce (reduce it if it's not very thick.) make sure you jazz it up i like extra garlic and dry italian seasoning
    1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
    3 eggs i used egg sub.
    2 cups grated reduced fat mozarella cheese
    1 cup coarsely grated reduced fat Romano cheese
    (use about 3 cups of any type of cheese that melts well)

Grill zucchini slices until they're lightly browned on both sides, but not fully cooked, about 5 minutes per side.

Preheat oven to 400F. Beat eggs in small bowl, then stir in cottage cheese.

Spray heavy ceramic or glass lasagna dish with non-stick spray or olive oil. (Be sure your dish isn't too shallow; I use a dish that's 3 inches deep, and 9" by 11" long.) Then make a layer of zucchini slices, a layer with 2 cups of sauce , a layer with half the cottage cheese-egg mixture, and a layer of about 1 1/2 cups cheese. Top with second layer of grilled lasagna slices, sauce, cottage cheese-egg mixture, and remaining cheese.

Bake about 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned on top and mixture is slightly bubbling. (I hate to cover it with foil because the cheese always sticks to the foil, but you can cover it for part of the time if you don't want the top quite so brown.) Let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting, then cut into pieces and serve hot.

Serves 8
    Thanks for Reading.
    Margo
  • meandpooh95
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • paavy
    paavy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Going to make this tonight! Thanks! What did you plug in for calorie intake per serving for this?