Wii Fit

Options
Does anyone have this game?!?!?!? And does it really work or is it not worth the money?!?

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    Does anyone have this game?!?!?!? And does it really work or is it not worth the money?!?
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I totally love my wii fit, my kids play it too, we usually do a wii fit night once or twice a week. It is well worth the money to spend on it.
  • michelle0920
    Options
    I agree - I LOVE the step aerobics and the boxing on there - can get a great workout out of it.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've had fun with my Wii fit and it does have some decent exercise but like anything you have to have the discipline to use it on a regular basis.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Very fun and I work up a sweat with it. I'd say it was worth it. Me and kids compete against each other!
  • pbruce5
    Options
    Hello,
    I bought the Wii Fit a few months ago even though I was experiencing some lower back problems - I sit all day at work. I started using the game for balance at the start. I added Yoga moves next and noticed that my back stopped hurting. For fun, I added the slalom, the hoola hoop, and the list started to grow. The time you spend with each exercise gets added up in a time bank. As you add more time to the bank, more fun exercises get unlocked.

The Wii Fit is much more than I expected. At first I thought it might be kind of silly but the feedback and the polite reminders (for example, it's been 3 days since you've worked out, try to work out every day to see the most improvement) provide you with motivation you need to keep going - but yet, not feel guilty. You also receive feedback if you've done well and if you have not done well, it recommends ways to improve. I find myself cheering along with my fitness coach.

As with anything, don't do anything that you think might hurt you. As you gain strength, balance, and confidence, add more to the routine. Most importantly...have fun!

Patty
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I bought our Wii fit in leu of an elliptical machine. I really like the game and instead of just me using it, the whole family does it. My oldest daughter and I take turns on the Wii fit and making tie blankets (I cut, she ties).

I still wish I would have been selfish and bought the elliptical for myself. I need the hard cardio more than the fitness training.

I would still buy it again if I had to do it over though.
    :tongue:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. It makes working out fun!:smile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I got one for my birthday and would never think about taking it back. I love it. :love: Great workout. I love the hula hoop. WOW what a workout. In a half hour of workout on the wii fit i burned 250 calories. :tongue:
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for it. I lost 55 pounds using it in conjunction with other exercise and dieting. If you would have told me 6 months ago that I'd be doing yoga I would have laughed at you, but I must say that the Wii Fit makes it easy. If mine broke tomorrow, I'd be tracking down a new one within the hour.

Like it was mentioned here, you need to be consistant with it. I've used it every day for at least a weigh in since I got it, and I use it to keep track of my exercises. The graphs are great to use for looking at your weight, as well.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You guys have got me so excited! I'm supposed to get one for christmas! :bigsmile: