Introducing - ME!

Options
Got married last year and though the pictures show the joy and happiness of the occassion, I wish I had lost weight beforehand. I was doing pretty good a couple of years ago and my friends and family commented on how good I looked. What I didn't realize was that the stress from taking care of my 93 year old grandfather duing the last year of his life contributed to my weight loss. He passed away two years ago and with completing my BSBA degree and starting my MBA program, I haven't remained active enough to stay slim.

This year will be our first year anniversary and we are fortunate enough to be able to spend it in Italy. Part of our trip will be to visit Cinque Terre and I would really like the energy to be able to walk the entire length of the five villages. This will be a major accomplishement as I also learned last year that I have arthritis in my knees. I figure the weight loss will help my knees and take some of the stress off the 3 degenerative disks in my back. Dang, only 46 and I sound like 80. :laugh:

Replies

• happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    You can do it!! Italy sounds amazing!
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    best of luck, what a fantastic goal you have in front of you with your anniversary. Wishing you luck! ( add me as a friend if you want to.) ;0)
  • JRB1965
    JRB1965 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you.
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Lori and I have got to lose weight. I have tried so many things and I am successful and then I go back to my old ways :( I want to change and be healthy!! I want to be an active mother to my two kids that will be 2 and 5 this summer. I want to be the mom that can run around with them and swing on the swings with them all day long. I also have no idea how to do any of these forums!! and need help with this to help me lose the weight. Any and all help, support or advice would be appreciated!!