Thought maybe I could use some friends!

Options
beckey24
beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
A little bit about me...I am 29 years old..soon to be 30. I recently celebrated my one-year anniversary to my second husband and what a wonderful year it has been. However, the one thing that needed improvement was my health. I consider myself to be medically healthy without many complications from weighing as much as I do..but my rock bottom hit when I needed new work clothes in November of last year and need to buy a 32W. I have always been a large girl...but looking back at my high school graduation pictures...I realize that I was kinda cute :) I slowly ballooned up through my 20's and shortly before I got divorced had started to work out and begin to lose weight. From mid January 2008 to August 2008 I had gone from 314lbs to 260lbs. I still had a lot to go, but it felt good accomplishing that much. Then my divorce came and shortly afterwards I met my now second husband and even though I swore I would never be over 300 again, I watched that number quickly climb to well over my previous top weight. All I know is that in January when I found MFP, I couldn't even use the Wii Fit that my husband had bought for me. I have since used this site to help me lower that number, which is difficult since I travel for work and find it hard not to indulge. I am going into my 5th month on MFP and I love it. It helps keep me on track and I am surprised and horrified by what I used to put into my body. I know that this is going to be a long process, but with my husband by my side (who doesn't use this, but has dropped at least what I have if not more) I know that we will be able to have an even happier and healthier future together. Feel free to add me, I can always use more support! Best wishes to all of you!

Replies