finally got up the courage to introduce myself...

Options
I signed up for MFP awhile ago because I want to make a change, but I don't think I've been taking full advantage of the program. I created a profile, but didn't upload a picture or add any information beyond age/height/weight, and I left it that way until today.

I'm introducing myself because I need help staying accountable. Being at the beginning stages of making a change, it's really easy to get discouraged, and stop checking in for awhile, but I think if I make an effort to become a part of this community I will feel like I have to keep checking in.

So hi everyone. I'm 24. I'm a grad student living in CO and working two jobs. I have three rescue pets, 2 cats and a dog. I want to stay committed to being healthier. Who wants to be friends?

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi there! And congrats on making yourself known. I also started off like you, only using the site to count my calories and not taking advantage of the Community feature and now I can't seem to get enough of MFP--you'll see.
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    hello and welcome! :) friend me if you'd like!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome....!!! Feel free to add me :o)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can add me if you want.....I have 6 dogs, 3 of which are rescue....I LOVE animals!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I am sort of new myself. It is a great site. sending friend request :)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!! I am also 24 with 2 jobs & loveee animals! I also started by using only the calorie counter but found the forums/friends make it a lot better!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome - and so glad you spoke up!!

You've got a huge, great community here ready to support YOU!!! You just have to let us!

We've all got a similar goal - to get and stay healthy... even though we may have different ways of doing it and may take different paths. Look for people that have similar goals and have a supportive style that you groove with.

Best of luck!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I'm also 24 and juggling grad school and full time work. I know how difficult it can be to make time for academic and professional obligations and finding the time to maintain a routine of working out and eating healthy as well. But it's possible! We can do this. Good luck!
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sign me up!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome. Feel free to add me if you want, im 22 with 2 jobs so i know how hard that can be
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm kinda new around here as well, but these guys have been a great help so far. Best of luck to you on this journey!
  • TWMangrove
    Options
    Congrats on taking that step into the community, I just did today and I can only imagine it'll be for the better. Accountability is important!
  • balancingpineapples
    balancingpineapples Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I did the same thing you did when I first found the site. I'm always looking for more friends and more motivation so feel free to add me if you would like! :)
  • fancythis
    fancythis Posts: 20
    Options
    I joined a little while ago and did the same thing....and then I'd only keep track on weekdays, blah blah blah. That got me nowhere.

Had a bit of a wakeup call and decided to own up to myself on here!