im sooooo ashamed, but back on track!!

Options
i admit, i didnt do great over easter weekend and on top of that i had 2 slices of pizza this morning for breakfast as opposed to my usual oatmeal (how horrible was that!!! im so ashamed!!!). i added it to my food on MFG and it had 660 calories and over half my fat for the day!!!! so for lunch i had tuna and some rice (no butter added). im back on track as of lunch time!!! i went to the store beside where i work and bought a measuring tape and measured my inches, took my weight from my weigh in yesterday, logged it in my journal and im starting 30DS tonight. i started out hard and heavy with my weight loss and here recently im slowly getting off track and i dont want to do that again!! i have so much to lose before august and i need you guys to keep me motivated and not get off track again!! please!!

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff...If you eat things like that in moderation - you will be fine! Just don't make it a week looooong treat out...!
    Get back into the game...! We are allowed to be humans!...:happy:
  • rkellywhite
    rkellywhite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try not to feel shame. Move on from the weekend and morning and feel relieved that the afternoon looks brighter... :smile:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We've all done it!!:blushing:

Think future now - can't change the past. You can get back into it and achieve your goals. Positive attitude!!

Good luck x
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Dont obsess. Eating poorly on a holiday doesnt put you off track. Eating poorly for the whole weekend and then continuing to overeat does.

Eat healthy as often as you can. Enjoy the days you dont.

We are here to support. Looks like you are doing great so far!
  • paperclp
    paperclp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is the primary reason I would fail in my previous diets. The previous replies are %100 correct. Don't sweat it, just get back on track. You'll see in a couple of days it was not a big deal. Keep going and don't worry about it, you are learning new habits. If it were easy, we would never need to count calories right?
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Half the battle is admitting that you screwed up. Keep on going
    it does get better. You are learning all the time.
    If you need a friend for motivation just friend me. :bigsmile:
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You know what, you dealt with it and changed your next meal rather than saying "I blew it today, I'll just start tomorrow",

To me, that's half the battle right there....

Way to go!
  • k_bodner
    k_bodner Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't worry about it! I am sure everyone had a few slip ups during the holidays (myself included), which just gives us all more motivation to get back on track!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have been doing soooo well but slowly going off track over the past week. A few bad choices here and there...and then the past two days I totally blew it. But, like you, I'm back on track. I can't fail again.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I attended a Passover Seder on Saturday and then a big Easter Dinner on Sunday. Back-to-back holiday feasting madness. :)

It happens-- don't stress over it. If you're approaching being healthy as a lifestyle change, life has holidays, and you'll want to enjoy them with your friends and family. There's no reason to feel ashamed or guilty for that. :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You fell down. It's no big deal, and happens to everyone. Just dust yourself off and get back at it. One little slipup isn't enough to knock you off-course, you're too strong for that.