Herbal Supplements

Options
Hey there everyone!

I have been researching different herbal supplements that are supposed to aide in weigt loss. For example, dandelion root capsules are supposed to work for weight loss and many other digestion issues. Apple vinegar, too. Is anyone currently using any herbal supplements to help with weight loss and what is it?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I take green tea and I drink green tea. I also add cinnamon to a lot of food....you can eat spicy food too....it gets your metabolism going:))
  • Beauty0215
    Options
    My mom has been doing a tablespoon of ACV every morning and she says that since she started she has noticed a slight weight loss. I purchased a bottle about a week ago and plan on starting it on Monday. You have to make sure that you are picking up the organic one.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Along with other supplements for overall health I take Schinoussa Sea Vegetables (powder form) and put it in my morning smoothie.

It has bladderwrack and Kelp to support weight loss and thyroid function, as well as an algae blend (including E3Live) that provides active, whole food, health enhancing nutrients that increase energy! =)

I've noticed a huge difference in my energy levels since I started using it :)

I bought it at Planet Organic.
  • Beauty0215
    Options
    What does adding Cinnamon do for your diet?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    cinn helps with insulin regulation i believe.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I take AdvoCare Suppliments. They are tested for all types of substances. I love them.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I take Herbalife products.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What does adding Cinnamon do for your diet?
    Some research has shown that cinnamon may lower blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance.
    Researchers found that cinnamon reduced cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%.

Because cinnamon may lower blood sugar levels, exercise caution when combining it with other supplements that lower sugar levels, including:

alpha lipoic acid
    bitter melon
    chromium
    devil's claw
    fenugreek
    garlic
    horse chestnut
    Panax
    Siberian ginseng
    psyllium

SOURCES:

Natural Standard: "Cinnamon (Cinnamomumspp)."

Natural Data Base: Natural Medicines: "Cassia Cinnamon."

American Diabetes Association: "Cinnamon Has No Benefit For People with Diabetes."

National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements: "What Dietary Supplements Are You Taking?"

Khan, A. Diabetes Care, December 2003; vol 26: pp 3215-3218.

Baker, W. Diabetes Care, January 2008; vol 31: pp 41-43.

Anderson, R. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, February 2008; vol 67: pp 48-53.

Hlebowicz, J. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, June 2007; vol 85: 1552-1556.

Reviewed by John A. Seibel, MD on February 25, 2010
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    I don't take any herbal supplements but I saw someone mention Apple Cider Vinegar

I have taken APV with Mother (organic) numerous times to help with Asthma, a common cold, or whenever I felt like crap and I can say that it's really great stuff.

please google it and see how amazing it is :) I use Braggs APV with Mother!
    I don't know about weight loss because I never noticed but it helps with EVERYTHING ELSE!
    :) amazing stuff.