Newbie from Vancouver Island

Options
Well I'm here because my cousin had great success using this program. I want to shed 10lbs. I know when I'm 10lbs lighter my clothes fit better, I feel good and I usually am sleeping better too. Looking forward to receiving and giving encouragement and getting tips from this site.

Best wishes to everyone.

Cher

Replies

• jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me.
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Cher, Welcome!
    My name is Lael, I'm in Edmonton but I used to live in BC. I grew up on the West Coast, my grandparents lived on Gabriola and as you'd imagine I was often on the Island for one reason or another;) This is such a great site, I'm finding it very helpful and I hope you do too! Lael
  • cher2011april
    Options
    Thanks Lael! The great thing about being on Vancouver Island is that the climate is moderate all year round so there is NO excuse not to exercise! I have a goal to walk the Seattle Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon on June 25 th so I need to start training for that and hopefully by then I will have shed that pesky 10lbs I want to get rid of. Cher
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm in Spokane, so feel free to friend me. Wish our weather was mild all year 'round. It's been raining here for 3 days, so I haven't been outside, except to take the garbage out. How's it been there? Lia
  • cher2011april
    Options
    Spokane - nice city. I used to live in Grand Forks BC so our family used to go there off and on to shop. We do get rain here too but not like Vancouver does. Today it's gorgeous. I walk 3K to & from work daily no matter what the weather but I'm a little less dedicated when it comes to exercise when it is raining. That must change! :)
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    That's exactly it, that great climate makes for no excuses. Although the old me,seemed to find them;p Paying for it now,lol

That's a great goal to work up to. Keeps your mind on the prize. I'm sure you'll be kickin' butt on June 25th:) Lael
    Thanks Lael! The great thing about being on Vancouver Island is that the climate is moderate all year round so there is NO excuse not to exercise! I have a goal to walk the Seattle Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon on June 25 th so I need to start training for that and hopefully by then I will have shed that pesky 10lbs I want to get rid of. Cher