I was a nonbeliever!

Options
After crying on here for a month about the horrible plateau I had hit I finally decided to head the advice most of you gave me, EAT MORE!!
I was terrified, absolutly terrified I would gain but lo and behold one week later I have dropped 6lbs!! I stoped doing the shred, upped my calories to 1400 from 1200 and it worked like magic, I still can't really beleive it!!

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Oh YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! That was the exact advice I was given yesterday...and I am PETRIFIED!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting this!!! :D You go girl!!!!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! You need to let your body know it's okay to burn the fat. I'm happy it's working so well for you!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! That was the exact advice I was given yesterday...and I am PETRIFIED!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for posting this!!! :D You go girl!!!!!

It was really really hard to do but I am SO happy I tried it. I wieghed myself everyday to assure myself I wans't gaining, I stayed the same for about three days and then it starting falling off!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Awesome! :wink: :drinker:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau...upped my cals from 1200 to 1550 and the pounds dropped off. It is true....you have to eat to lose weight.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm sure a lot of people will be encouraged as a result and...CONGRATS! :bigsmile:
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    Ok...I'm going to try it! I haven't lost one pound since starting 3 weeks ago. Everyone says eat more. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Your body just needed some fuel to get it burning again!!!! :drinker:
  • vdaniela3
    vdaniela3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is very nice to hear. I started out here at 1350,lost 2 a week on that. As soon as it dropped me to 1200,I go weeks without anything. I'm averaging about 1-1.5 a week,but that's an overall average. This month I haven't lost a lb and I'm no where near my goal. I've been debating upping my calories,and I think I'm gona give that a try too and see what happens.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just bumped my calories up to 1300 after no loss for 10 days or so. I did drop 0.8 lbs today, but I might also try cycling up on some days so I eat closer to my maintenance calories one day, then lower the next two or three. I want to avoid that starvation mode!