20 pounds down!

Options
mogenfire
mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
I have officially lost 20 pounds as of today! I started this journey in Janurary so it's taken me 4 months. I lost 11 pounds the first month and then it just slowed way down. I still have a bit to go. Has anyone else had that same type of expierence with the weight coming off slowly? I seem to see everyone posting that their weight loss happens so much faster on here. I'm not going to stop, just wondering if there is anyone else out there like me!

Replies

• dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 20 lbs!! I too have the same problem. :explode: Seeing the quick success of some people can be a real downer, but I always tell myself if I take it off slow then I will be slow to put it back on. Only time will tell if that is the case, but for now I refuse to give up. Congrats again!:tongue:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I lost around 18 right away and my loss slowed down quite a bit after that. Now nearly a year later I have lost and kept off 40 pounds. So I have lost rather slowly, maybe a few pounds a month. Just stick with it, you are doing fantastic!
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's excellent news! Congrats!
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    congrats on loosing 20 pounds, i have only been on here for 7 days so i cant share any valuable info with you. so far ive lost 4 pounds and i thought that was fast
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 pounds since January 29, 2011. It is coming off slowly for me as well. I workout at least an hour a day and eat around 1590 calories a day. I guess my body just responds differently. I think I've lost more inches than pounds...which I'm really happy about! We just have to keep pushing on! Keep up the good work!
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm stepping up my exercise routine in hopes that it speeds things back up. You have to remember that the first 10 pounds is also usually water weight!

Good luck!
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have only ever lost 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week. Just keep at it!! I have had a slow process buts it's totally worth it in the end :)
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You should be proud of yourself. I have the same problem. But I am just working out and watching what I eat and I know it will come off. I rather it come off slowly so I don't have tons of saggy skin
  • bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I just hit the 20 mark this week as well :) I started 1/1/11 and lost the first 15 lbs rather quickly in the first 1.5 months and it took me 8 weeks to lose that last 5. About 2 weeks ago, I finally upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1500 and the 5 lbs just came off! So now I know that I was not eating enough and my body was holding onto whatever it could.

I have another 30+ lbs I want to lose to hopefully I can keep on truckin'! :)

Keep it up!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congrats...I started Jan 1 and I am down 17-18 pounds...so kudos 2 u and I am right behind ya!!! And I think your weight loss is right on time...I too see some people who lose 35 lbs in 4 months...I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, but nevertheless I take the loss I have over the gain I would have had if it weren't for MFP!!!
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! Sounds like we're all doing it right! Thanks for the positive comments! And congrats to all of you too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!