Need support

Options
Hey I kinda new- joined 3 days ago. I just bought a brand new scale and weighed my self. To my amazement I am at 204!! :drinker: Last time I check I was at 213, either my old scale was way off or I lost weight. Woo hoo! I feel really good and more motivated ...but I haven't been able to keep my daily calorie goals :grumble: . I always go over it. Its very frustruating. :frown: I am not giving up though. This site has helped me see how much I eat and I noticed I am eating way to much salt, is that real bad? I also always go over the sugar intake goal. :grumble:

Replies

• stephiepoo
    Options
    Hey I kinda new- joined 3 days ago. I just bought a brand new scale and weighed my self. To my amazement I am at 204!! :drinker: Last time I check I was at 213, either my old scale was way off or I lost weight. Woo hoo! I feel really good and more motivated ...but I haven't been able to keep my daily calorie goals :grumble: . I always go over it. Its very frustruating. :frown: I am not giving up though. This site has helped me see how much I eat and I noticed I am eating way to much salt, is that real bad? I also always go over the sugar intake goal. :grumble:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :grumble: i find it hard to stay in the calories range also,, i just feel i need to exercise.. my scales weighs me different(less) than the scales thats at work,, it is fustrating but i keep trottting along
    good luck to u in ur journey:flowerforyou:
  • gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the sodium thing too (not the sugar, I guess I'm lucky that I don't have sweet tooth. But the salt - OMG!). I'm trying to eat fewer processed foods, but I love my canned turkey chili for an easy lunch. And my Morning Star "sausage" patties. Anyway, I just try to drink extra water and I've been steadily losing since improving my eating habits over all.

I suggest trying to tackle one (small) thing at a time.

Continued success to you!!!
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's tough, but keep it up. The holidays aren't going to make it any easier.

I struggle too. Especially at night! I work until 7:30pm so even if I eat a good lunch and breakfast when I get home I just eat and eat... and not always healthy choices either. I think it is just an old habit that I need to break. That is going to be my new goal: Not eating after 8pm. Because I don't think I am really hungry when I get home, I think I eat out of habit. So, starting tomorrow no more snacking after 8pm. They say the third day of trying to break a habit is always the hardest, so if I can make it to Monday of next week I should be in good shape.
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You know, with me, it's learning will power. I now stick to two hard and fast rules:

1. If I don't think it'll be good for me, I don't bother even tasting it.

and even harder:

2. Absolutely no seconds. What's on my plate when I sit down is it for the meal.

I love to eat, and I I love to eat things I know aren't the best for my health. Just tell yourself no. I know, sounds simple, but it's also easier said than done. It took me a couple of years, but once I learned to do that, it became a lot easier. I just joined this board the other day because I want to learn some new tips and strategies, but I've lost 55 pounds since the end of July by dieting, exercising, and just saying no!