How long until I start getting comfortable in my own body?

Options
I'm a 6'2 male and have lost almost 70 pounds over the past few years. It felt great but I'm starting to feel uncomfortable again at about 255 pounds. I am mostly self-conscious about my fatty "breasts". I feel like I'm slouching all the time and I try to correct my posture but then it feels like I'm making them more prominent. I believe it's just fat, not gynecomastia.

At what weight can I expect to see this area significantly reduced in size? I know it might not be a question you'd be able to answer but I'd much appreciate some figure to look forward to. Include your personal experience if you can.

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can't give you a number, and it would be different for everyone. For some, it never comes.

I think the key to success is just learning to be comfortable with you, at any size, at any weight. This will take you far... It's hard, and it's something I still work at. I still look in the mirror and see ALL the weight.... but I'm working on it.

Best of luck to you!
    D.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    It will be when you can accept every little bit of yourself and your imperfections. You wont ever be perfect, no one ever is. But we can learn to love ourselves more and more with everything we do healthy for ourselves!
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    Do bench press! Push ups! As much as you can and it will go away. I would say if you are losing but not doing those then it will never go away. You have to "firm" it up. tighten :)
  • labette31
    labette31 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm also 6'2" and right at 255 from a starting weight of 304. I'm also self conscious about my "man boobs". I've noticed with the 48 lbs lost that they aren't as pronouned are they were but still fatty there. I'm sure that if I lifted weights my pecs would get bigger and would get rid of the boobs but that takes time that I honestly don't have to at this time. However, with that being said, I've told my wife that if I reach my goal of 220 and still have them I'm getting plastic surgery... I'm sure that sounds vain, but that is the one thing that truly bothers me about my body.
    Good luck with losing man!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different. If you are generally happy with your current physique, you can have some liposuction easily done in the breast area
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Can't really give you a timeline. It's' more about you accepting yourself.
    I'm still not comfortable in my body some days. Other days I feel great.
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and when I was at 240 I had man boobs. I am a P90x guy so I exercise and have a strict diet. I'm 185 now with no man boobs and I even have some veination on my upper pectorals. Just keep going and measure your chest. Measure it every 30 days and you will definately see improvement. Remember your in the process of a body and life transformation. I had some loose skin issues and was very worried about it because I worked my butt off for abs and I want to show em off this summer. The loose skin even goes away with time. In short your on track and keep going. Eating right and exercise will improve all aspects of your life including your self esteem. It's ok to be vain in my book. Feel good about your progess and always have some before pics so you can see where you were. As Tony Horton says.....How do you know where you are if you don't know where you've been? All the best my friend.
  • RickyN29
    RickyN29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same concern. I was 310 originally, very bad "man boobs" now dropped to 240 and they are much much smaller, but still there.

I'm usually against plastic surgery, but honestly, I think if you have met your goals and put in that much effort to beat this obesity...then you owe yourself the reward of getting rid of the ol' boobers. lol.

Also, I have often heard that swimming is one of the most effective exercises to reduce male breast fat. Perhaps give it a try.

I'm glad you posted this, I understand for some this is difficult to discuss. Me personally, I just laugh about my own. I've got so many other imperfections that my man boobs just don't matter too much. I do hope to hear other comments and suggestions though for what can be done to burn fat in this area.