Hello! i am new to all this....

Options
Hi, my name is Rachel in live in Fondy and work in Oshkosh. I am 25 years old and looking to get back in shape. I joined the YMCA about a month ago and i hate to say it but i haven't really had time to go. I was wondering if there was anyone out there looking for a work out buddy? Someone to get you moving. Also looking for some good tips on good breakfast foods that are fast, quick and leave you feeling fun. Oh yeah has anyone every tried Slim Fast, and if so did it work for you?
Thanks

Replies

• tcrawford13
    Options
    I tried slim fast many years ago and it did work for me. I must so that the natural foods are a lot healthier for you. Not all the chemicals and stuff with the bars and shakes. Anyway... my new fave breakfast is 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, a pinch of cheese and 1/2 cup brocooli with a little salsa. Throw in a tortilla if you can use those calories.
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Tried slim fast, but it never left me full enough.

Blended greens in the morning are a great start. Keeps you full and loads on nutrients. Add some fruit for flavor.
  • Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    I tried slimfast and it was disgusting x I live in scotland UK but I can be here for support x neen
  • Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    I tried slimfast and it was disgusting x I live in scotland UK but I can be here for support x neen
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Slimfast never worked for me. It always kept me hungry for more. Special K Van./Almond and Almond milk works for me in the morning. By the way, welcome to MFP!
  • Stephers32
    Stephers32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel!,

I'm new to MFP too but not to what seems like the never-ending "let me get into shape" thing...I am unfortunately not close enough to be a workout buddy (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) but I find that the quick easy stuff requires a little bit of prep work on a Sunday (or whatever day you get about 30 minutes to put something together). I'm not big into shakes so for me the breakfast food is some Muesli/granola and a container of yogurt. The recipe requires that you soak the stuff overnight in the fridge (which I don't do all the time, in which case I just add the water and put it in the micro for 90 seconds), so she just puts it in a small 'to-go' container and in the morning she grabs that, the container or yogurt and eats it at work...hopefully that helps? I have a few other options but since I don't know your food tastes then I'm a bit limited...let me know what you would normally eat and I can recommend something else!

Are you familiar with any of the G.I. Diet Cookbooks? They have worked for me in the past so I thought I would pass that tip along. Although I think that everyone seems to be advertising and coming out with the same philosophy of eating (Jillian Michaels, Tosca Reno and her Clean Eating series) so there should be no shortage of info for you if you're looking for it. I think Tosca also has a cookbook specifically for families and kids if you have any.

Good Luck with getting back in shape girl! Feel free to 'friend me' if you want to be virtual work out buddies!

Hope you have a great day!

Steph