Pressure and Panic

Options
Okay, so I had this weightloss all mapped out to reach my goal by sometime between December and February - barring any unforeseen plateaus, which I fully expected.

BUT I get inofrmation this week about one of those "events." You know, weddings, family reunions, high school reunions, etc. The ones that make you want to reach your goals by next week, and you get so stressed about it that you end up eating two pints of ice cream, a whole bag of Oreos, and three bananas and gaining six pounds in four hours. I have one of those coming in August.

So, I'm a little panicked. I would love to be at my goal by then, bu that is not realistic. If I keep going the way I have been, I'll be down another 15 pounds or so by then, which should be fine, right? AARGH!

I know the pressure is all me - no one else is putting that on me. I just wanted to rant. What do you do when you feel pressure to lose faster than you are?

Replies

• Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    2lb a week weight loss is a good healthy weight loss and you are more likely to keep it off. Just set yourself little goals ie by the end of May Id like to have lost 8lbs or something and celebrate those goals instead of worrying about the long term Ive lost 42 llb an slimming world and another 4 llb here been doin it got almost a week and its taken me a year and a half I have another 80 llbs to go if I thought about it or worried about it too much Id stop no point putting that pressure on yourself x x x x
  • Neen1977
    Options
    2lb a week weight loss is a good healthy weight loss and you are more likely to keep it off. Just set yourself little goals ie by the end of May Id like to have lost 8lbs or something and celebrate those goals instead of worrying about the long term Ive lost 42 llb an slimming world and another 4 llb here been doin it got almost a week and its taken me a year and a half I have another 80 llbs to go if I thought about it or worried about it too much Id stop no point putting that pressure on yourself x x x x
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I totally understand ... have a wedding in June (BFs brother). Grateful I don't have to be in the wedding but will probably have to be in some of the pictures (UGH). I am taking it one day at a time because that is all I can handle. I am hoping to between 15 to 20 more pounds by then ... since I can't be magically thin. Just reach out for support when you feel overwhelmed....my MFP peeps are truly the key to my success.
  • Neen1977
    Options
    sorry Ive not got the hang or not double clicking lol
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Try and think of it this way.. You might not be happy with the way you look and feel at that event, but every event next year, and the year after that, and the year after that and so on, you're going to look and feel fabulous. :)