How do you list Jillian michaels 30day shred video in exerci

Options
Hey everyone,
I was using Calesthetics vigorus effort for exercise one. Does anyone else have any ideas of how you list it for cal burn? MFP only says 169cals burned, was hoping it was more, especially since it felt like a major effort haha;)

Replies

• n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    Everyone I know, including myself, logs it in under circuit training, general :]
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    Everyone I know, including myself, logs it in under circuit training, general :]
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Circuit training, around 250 calories.
  • serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options
    does circuit training show more calories burned that strength training aerobics? Good grief! I have been listing it wrong!!
  • LG2789
    LG2789 Posts: 20
    Options
    The calories burned does seem low, but I think since you're building muscle it's more advantageous than just 30 minutes of cardio (e.g., on a treadmill), because you'll end up burning more fat at rest than you would under a strict cardio routine.

I'm going to start the 30 day shred today - got so excited when I saw Level One on Comcast On Demand!!
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    I use a HRM and I'm usually between 250-280 cals. I totally recommend getting a HRM so you know your calculations are accurate. It's worth the money, especially if you have a long road ahead like I do.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    According to what I have read, it burns about 250 a session if you weigh the same as me (180)
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and it normally reads around 250 calories for me (5'2", 159 lbs)
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You should totally treat yourself to a good heart rate monitor!! They are way more accurate than MFP as far as your calories burned!!! =)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    so many people ask this, they should really put it in the database. They could put low, med, and high intensity. People could put in which for how hard they worked/sweat because after all, you'd only be cheating yourself if you always put high and you know you didn't given it your all. Like if you're sick one day and aren't at your best, you could put low, but if you know you did a good workout, you could move it up to high. It would really benefit a lot of people if they did. Oh well. Rant done. lol
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I use a HRM and at 185lbs it registers around 400 cals burned.
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 130lbs. My burn on the 30DS is usually 175 calories.
  • mellissaL
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • mellissaL
    Options
    so many people ask this, they should really put it in the database. They could put low, med, and high intensity. People could put in which for how hard they worked/sweat because after all, you'd only be cheating yourself if you always put high and you know you didn't given it your all. Like if you're sick one day and aren't at your best, you could put low, but if you know you did a good workout, you could move it up to high. It would really benefit a lot of people if they did. Oh well. Rant done. lol
    I totally agree") LOL