ZIG ZAG WHO USES IT AND DOES IT WORK?

Options
Im interested to hear peoples experiencing on the zig zag method x its where you change your calories up and down during the week isnt it? Am I right? Does it work well?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    One of my pals on here does it and it's working for her.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    it does work, but there is no need to do it unless you are close to your goal weight or have hit a plateau.

just steadily reducing calories works better. Consistency is the most important part though
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I try and do it once every month to 6 weeks - for just a week - just so I don't plateu. Does it work? I don't think it hurts, but I'm not really convinced that it is necessary.
  • Jacqdav
    Jacqdav Posts: 1
    Options
    You basically work out your average calories for the week (e.g. 1200x7 = 8400) and then vary your calories day by day. The idea is that your weekly total stays the same. A good way to do this is if you have workout days, make those the high calorie days and keep low-cal days for rest.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I dont really understand how it can work. I mean it takes your body a month to get used to a new level of calorie intake, so I dont understand how varying it on a daily basis can make any difference to your metabolism.

Happy to be shown something scientific that proves me wrong though!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Depends on how close you are to your ideal weight. The further away the better. The closer, the harder everything gets. Give it a try - what have you got to lose but a few pounds? LOL!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I did it to get out of a plateau, and it worked for me. I also changed up my workout routine.
  • chefchristen
    Options
    I heard that your body gets used the calorie intake after about six weeks. Then it can slow down the weight loss. So if you "trick" it by upping your calories (of course with healthy choices) it get conufsed and starts burning calories again.
  • juliehh73
    juliehh73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could someone tell me what the 'ZIG ZAG method 'is please?
    I'm new to MFP and haven't heard of this before.

Thank you ta!
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    http://www.rippednaturally.com/increase_hormones_through_proper_diet-lose_fat.html

I like this site. On the left side of the page there are different tabs to read, 1 is on zig zagging. Check it out. It has helped me.
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    http://www.rippednaturally.com/increase_hormones_through_proper_diet-lose_fat.html

I like this site. On the left side of the page there are different tabs to read, 1 is on zig zagging. Check it out. It has helped me.
    Thanks for sharing that, seems like good information!
  • Doberwomann
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies x i think i might try this x