Hip Hop Abs

Options
I there anyone who has tried the Hip Hop Abs program? I would really like to get some input/insight from someone who has done this. Did it work for you? Did you like it? Whatever you might think about it I would like to know.

Replies

• daniellemagnussen
    Options
    i really enjoyed it - i don't know how much lost while doing it but it was definitely a good workout and what i liked most was that even after a long day of work it didn't feel like a chore to do the workout - the music and everything made it fun
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have this video and never gave it a try!!! think i might pull it out and give it a whirl!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I had it and didn't really like it. It's probably about 4-5 years old now, so you could probably save a bunch of money and buy a used DVD on ebay. That's where I sold mine!

You might like turbo fire or turbo jam with Chalene Johnson. She's very upbeat, and you do some dance-ish moves but it's more of a workout.

Good luck!
  • Shananigans1
    Options
    I do an Ab and Back (Core Conditioning class) At Bally's and I like it, but if they had one with a Hip Hop class involved, I'd be all over that. I do Zumba/Belly dancing class and that gets my abs to burn. Anything with abs and dancing is usually a great workout because it gets the full ab range with the movements involved and if the class is geared towards abs, they'll do plenty of reps to make sure they get a good burn, without you even knowing it until after. :wink:

I would just dive in and try it, if you don't like it, at least you tried it first hand. :smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's a fun work, kind of intermediate. It does give a good burn and has good music.
  • KMCorazon
    KMCorazon Posts: 14
    Options
    I am skerrd of you! Keep up the good work. One day, I'll be like you when I grow up!
  • KMCorazon
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just purchased the set yesterday and am waiting to receive it. I think that I will really like it, since I love to dance (especially when no one is looking), and I think this would work better for me as opposed to working out at a club, etc. I will give an update once I start as to whether it works for me or not.
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    I did hip hop abs and I loved it. It's fun and it makes time go by really quickly. It's not boring ither.
  • KMCorazon
    Options
    Thanks, but unfortunately, i already got it yesterday. I might just give your suggestion about the other one a try though. :ohwell:
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    It's a fun work, kind of intermediate. It does give a good burn and has good music.
    For some it might be an intermediate workout but for my 215 pound body it's a total cardio sweat fest! :ohwell:
    But it's fun and after several tries - I'm almost keeping up....:noway:
    LOL - I've had the DVDs for years - there are several in the set I have....dusted them off and woo hoo! I was rockin or "hip-hoppin" as it were.
    So needless to say - I LIKE IT!
  • KMCorazon
    Options
    Thanks, I just love that motivation quote. I hope you won't mind if I use it sometimes.:bigsmile: