Orange juice recipes?

Options
HeatherShrinking
HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
Anyone have any yummy fun orange juice recipes? I have a ton left over from Easter and I'll I can think to do is add champagne :drinker:

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Champagne or vodka -- that's as far as my ideas go... ;) only a little bit kidding

Sparkling water might be good with it! Cut the fat and give yourself some bubbles :D I used to do that with grapefruit juice
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I like orange juice and cranberry juice mixed together. Ideally this would have some champagne in it, but it's good without the booze too.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/English-Royalty-Chocolate-Chip-Scones/Detail.aspx

English Royalty Chocolate Chip Scones (Servings: 12)

Ingredients:
    * 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1/3 cup white sugar
    * 2 teaspoons baking powder
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
    * 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    * 3 tablespoons orange juice

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
    3. Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
    4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.

Nutritional Information-

Servings Per Recipe: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 132

* Total Fat: 5g
    * Cholesterol: 13mg
    * Sodium: 179mg
    * Total Carbs: 20.1g
    * Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
    * Protein: 2g
    These are delicious! The orange juice helps to reduce the white sugar and it makes them very sweet like a chocolate chip cookie. And for 132 calories, they are just the treat to snack on while you watch The Royal Wedding! :smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I use it in smoothies - OJ, frozen fruit, plain yogurt & some flax seed.