Breakfast ideas?

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
I love love love my egg whites to breakfast BUT 5 each morning is more than two dozen eggs a week. :sad: I need a fix! I eat an oatmeal in the morning also. I really would like to stay under 300 calories for breakfast and shakes just do nothing for me :grumble:

Thanks in advance ! :drinker:

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    try low-cal cereals like bran flakes or special K (they have lots of flavors) they're usually around 150 cal per serving with semi-skimmed milk and are fast!
  • dywtd
    dywtd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In many cultures, dinner revisited is breakfast aplenty. Not saying you WANT cold fish and veg for early AM energy, but I have been operating under the "A Protein, a Vegetable, Some Beans" principle for breakfast, with great energy results.

We learn such a bread-heavy breakfast these days...
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a turkey sausage, real egg whites, and cheese breakfast sandwich under 300 cals. They come on croissants, bagels, and muffins. All wheat. The croissant one is 290 cals and the other two are 260. They are pretty large too. My new fav!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i do an english muffin (they have low calorie ones), soy sausage patty with a slice of cheddar cheese & make into a sandwich.
    greek yogurt w/berries & a glob of flax seed meal
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle some protein on that oatmeal and you will stay fuller longer. Greek yogurt also great for breakfast, lots of protein, another sprinkle there wouldn't hurt and same for low fat cottage cheese, add fresh fruit if that is within your dietary needs.

Jay Robb and Pure Protein seem to be what most of the people in my group prefer. I do shakes twice a day to get my protein.

Good Luck!
  • melandcurt
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is either two egg whites and an english muffin with butter, or the Trader Joe's frozen steel cut oats mixed with frozen raspberries/blackberry/blueberries, brown sugar, and walnuts. Both end up being just under 300 calories for me.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    In many cultures, dinner revisited is breakfast aplenty. Not saying you WANT cold fish and veg for early AM energy, but I have been operating under the "A Protein, a Vegetable, Some Beans" principle for breakfast, with great energy results.

What specifically are you eating for breakfast? This sounds interesting
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i have recently been making smoothies for breakfast...

1 cup frozen mixed berries
    1 cup fat free greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
    1 packet truvia

it comes to 235 calories, and i feel great after i eat it. and it seems to keep me full for awhile.

i also throw in some organic cold milled flax seed into it to get some omega-3's and some more fiber. (extra 45 calories)
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a turkey sausage, real egg whites, and cheese breakfast sandwich under 300 cals. They come on croissants, bagels, and muffins. All wheat. The croissant one is 290 cals and the other two are 260. They are pretty large too. My new fav!

that sounds yummy! How's the sodium?
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    - oatmeal
    - fruit
    - yogurt
    - lean meats that are low sodium
    - multigrain cherrios
    - egg omelets loaded up with veggies
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Well, I cook up two egg whites or some egg beaters and put into a low carb/low fat/high protein tortilla. Sometimes I'll put a little cheese on it.

Sometimes I make a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, raw spinach, a little orange juice, and some yogurt.

If you're eating oatmeal, try making it McD's style by throwing in a handful of fruit/raisins/craisins.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

that sounds yummy! How's the sodium?

High :( 760
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    today, i had a lite&fit blueberry yogurt which was 80 calories. then, i took a nature valley oats & honey granola bar and smashed it. since its 190 calories for 2 bars, i took half of one bar (1/4 of whole package) and smashed it. i put it in my yogurt and added some fresh blueberries on top of that. its below 200 calories and really healthy! :D
  • dywtd
    dywtd Posts: 14 Member
    Options

What specifically are you eating for breakfast? This sounds interesting

Over the last few days:

Some reheated crock potted from dry beans/onion, and a cup of cold roasted squash/zucchini/onion/red and orange peppers saute from the night before.

A chicken breast, in a mustard, white wine and garlic glaze, with some aforementioned beans

Cold salmon, and cold green beans

Warmed asparagus stalks (originally roasted in pepper and olive oil) and several slices of turkey breast, alongside some great northern beans, cooked, then tossed with vinegar and savory

An egg, fried (I know, right!?!) some cold chopped grilled pork, and pan roasted cabbage (cooked in chicken bone/carrot/tomato stock)

I am making my meals public, so I guess you could just check back there in the coming weeks?