NSV I never expected

Options
MrsCon40
MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
I have been really sick since Sunday. I called in sick yesterday and am still feeling quite under the weather today. But I can't stand that I haven't worked out since Saturday. Me - anxious to work out? ME!!

A couple of months ago I could barely drag myself to exercise and now I feel like doing it even though I am sick! That was certainly something I never expected to happen, but I definitely owe it to MFP and all the great support I have here!

Replies

• amdrummer02
    amdrummer02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    NIce. I had the exact same thing happen to me over the weekend and I had the same realization.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! I know that I am starting to feel the same way (and I cannot believe it)!! Hope you feel better soon so you can get back to your workouts! :smile:
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
    Hope you feel better soon
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I have been sick too since Friday and have made myself do something everyday. High Five for gaining the love of exercise. I get the guilts if I don't do anything in a day.

Good luck for your journey :flowerforyou:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I LOVE nsv's and that one is awesome--thanks for sharing.:wink:
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

It feels excellent to work out (once you have been doing it for a while) you will start to notice that lack of working out actually leaves you more tired and feeling more under the weather.

I say do it - go to the gym, sweat out the bad and take in the good - a healthier you!
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I know what you're talking about. I used to hate working out, but at some point over the last few weeks I've actually started looking forward to it everyday. I love my morning workout so much that I am adding an evening workout starting today.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    If I miss a workout I get anxious.
    If I miss two in a row I start panicking.
  • diana77
    diana77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean... I had a really bad cold a few months ago, but i felt soo guilty for not exercising so what i did was take long walks until i felt better to really start working out again. After my walks i didnt feel as bad couse i had pushed my self to do something.... Hope this helps..:ohwell:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    My head was so congested and ached so bad I couldn't even stand to open my eyes yesterday. My sinuses are still on fire and my throat hurts but I am going riding this afternoon, and back to regular workouts tomorrow!

I am actually feeling kind of panicky that I missed two days. What a trip! LOL!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Magnificent nsv!

Nope, still hate to exercise, just can't stand to miss it! I feel sooooooooo much better mentally and physically and I feel younger than I did without regular exercise. I have made it a goal to workout 6 days a week. Last week I made my goal! Oh, a nsv! LOL

Feel better soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!